Returning member | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Returning member

Discussion in 'New to the website!' started by ron240, Jun 27, 2018.

1. ron240

ron240
    Z Club Member

Hi All

I'm a returning club member after a 24 year break, I have been bitten by the Z bug again and purchased a 1974 260z as a resto project. The plan is to covert LHD-RHD and make a tidy street car. I will be looking for parts and advice any help will be much appreciated
    upload_2018-6-27_10-14-25.png

regards Ron

2. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Treasurer in training Staff Member Committee Member

Welcome back Ron.

Just a thought about the RHD conversion - you may have a problem souring parts unless you can find a cheap 2+2. However with so many 280Zs being imported even that may get snapped up.

What is the body like on your 260?

Good Luck.

3. ron240

ron240
    Z Club Member

Hi Rob

Thanks for the welcome, the body does need some work, holes in floor pans bulk head and inner wing under the battery tray. A few scabbie bits bottom of the rear arches and bit on the door skin onthe whole pretty sound.

4. uk66fastback

uk66fastback
    Z Club Member

Hi Ron, what car did you have 24 years ago? Or is the clue in your forum name? :D

Good luck with the rest, be interested to see how it all goes. I think a few on here have done the conversion ...

5. ron240

ron240
    Z Club Member

hi Mike

Your post has made me dig out some old photos my old car was a 77 260z 2+2
    and it looks like I'm a returning member after a 32 ish year break ( i don't know who the skinny bloke with the bad hair cut is)
    upload_2018-6-28_22-36-5.jpeg

Attached Files:

6. uk66fastback

uk66fastback
    Z Club Member

Great picture Ron!

7. toopy

toopy
    Z Club Member

Is that a vinyl roof?! ;)

8. ron240

ron240