Retrorides 28th Aug, Worcestershire

nospark

Well-Known Forum User
Prompted by the recent threads about meets I note that the Retrorides Gathering takes place this weekend (see their website). It has interesting older cars; there is hillclimbing to maintain an interest; you can turn up when you like and park up in the allocated classic car field. It's at Shelsey Walsh located just to the west of Worcester.

richiep

Club Member
I'd love to do this sometime, but this weekend it clashes with the Oulton Park Gold Cup, which a few of us are going to, as per Steve Kemp's thread.

Might aim to do it next year though.

nospark

Well-Known Forum User
Rejoice !
At the retrorides gathering a white 240z apparently won the best in show. (there were 6 awards but nothing yet on their website to say who won what)

The car was a USA conversion to right hand drive with a BMW engine. The engine bay was very clean with the master cylinders moved to the cabin side of the firewall and the battery moved to the boot. Porsche boxter seats.

I spoke to the owner who has owned the car 3 years and did the work himself. He looks to be late 20's from North Wales. He doesn't visit this website.

I took a couple of photos on my phone and will try and post them up if anyone is interested

PS There were a number of nice 1970's Datsuns and Celicas at the show including an original skyline and very clean 180B SSS 's

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Rejoice !
At the retrorides gathering a white 240z apparently won the best in show. (there were 6 awards but nothing yet on their website to say who won what)

The car was a USA conversion to right hand drive with a BMW engine. The engine bay was very clean with the master cylinders moved to the cabin side of the firewall and the battery moved to the boot. Porsche boxter seats.

I spoke to the owner who has owned the car 3 years and did the work himself. He looks to be late 20's from North Wales. He doesn't visit this website.

I took a couple of photos on my phone and will try and post them up if anyone is interested

PS There were a number of nice 1970's Datsuns and Celicas at the show including an original skyline and very clean 180B SSS 's

That white 240Z/BMW was discussed at Oulton Park on Sunday and phone pictures shown by the owner's mate I think. I just caught the tail-end of the conversation.

richiep

Club Member
I had a conversation with the owner on Monday. He brought the car down to Oulton Park. Unfortunately, he had to park in general parking but it was visible from our stand location parked up on the bank on the other side of the track overlooking Cascades. I wanted to go over and check it out, but with the family in tow and the only easy way to get over there being to nip over the track at a crossing point between races, it wasn't really convenient. Looked cool from what I could see.

It's got a M52 straight six engine from a BMW that cost him £250 for the complete car! It's also on air ride suspension. Looking at it from a distance, it looked like it was buried in the grass while parked up, with it deflated!

I encouraged him to come on here and not be scared of posting about the car as there would be plenty of interest about such an individual hybrid.

Last edited by a moderator:

richiep

Club Member
Found pics:
IMG_1100.jpg

image-2.jpg

yellowz

Club Member
I think this the guy who has/had a really interesting build thread going on Facebook. I lost it and could not find it again.

Just from those 2 pics it looks amazing and so clean as a build.