Repainted my 240Z trims

Red7

Well-Known Forum User
Although my car has Slots fitted it came with its original steel wheels and Hub Caps, which, although had 43yrs of patina, were generally in good condition, I like the thought of putting the original wheels on now and again so put a set of Bridgestones on the steel wheels and set about stripping, fineline masking and repainting my trims, I work for a paint manufacturer so getting the colour matched was easy, under the centre 'Z' was the original colour, I masked them up when the colour was ready I took them to one of my customers for finishing, really happy with the results and they're on the car now, ready for taking to the NEC Classic Car Show this weekend :driving:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 54

Red7

Well-Known Forum User
Great job. Look the business. Will be going to the show on Friday. Where will you be?

Thankyou Riddler, I'm on the CZR stand so I'll be there Friday and Sunday, not too sure about Saturday yet, come and say hello,me good to put a face to a name :thumbs:

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
Will stop by to say hello and look at your car. I am driving down in mine but it will be on the car park! What is the CZR stand?

Red7

Well-Known Forum User
6609a3f880266914808f03fe3532a7a3.jpg
9e0973757eef5fa7cb4c574bebb58894.jpg
96c0cdcddd77fbff592eff3f2e8da5fe.jpg

Gone onto tapatalk, easier to navigate and add some before, during and after pics

Red7

Well-Known Forum User
Really worth doing them IMO, the original paint comes off really easily, I used 2 pack epoxy primer, 2 coats, then the topcoat colour is 2 pack acrylic, I bought a couple of extra trims from EBay, hopefully I'll get a couple more and refurb those too so I have a spare set

status

Well-Known Forum User
Shouldn't mention that club on here Daren as you might get accused of promoting other clubs,some people get the ump,hub caps look cool mate,prefer wot you already have,still period

Red7

Well-Known Forum User
Shouldn't mention that club on here Daren as you might get accused of promoting other clubs,some people get the ump,hub caps look cool mate,prefer wot you already have,still period

Thanks for the heads up Paul :thumbs: not my intention though as you know and wouldn't intentionally offend, Mods please feel free to delete if I've done anything wrong, I like the slots too but always nice to drop the steel wheels on now and again :thumbs: I'll give you a bell soon about next years trip :driving:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Yes I agree with the other 'posters' you have done a wonderful job.

Wheels are a big part of the visual impact of a car and hence we have hundreds of posts on here about which wheels to fit and which look the best. Modern wheels look a lot more sporty and for those who get it right they can increase road-holding and traction. However the original trims (in various versions) are so 60/70s and 'Datsun' that for me they add something to a standard car.

Well done for appreciating them too.

What width are your steel wheels?

Red7

Well-Known Forum User

Wheels are a big part of the visual impact of a car and hence we have hundreds of posts on here about which wheels to fit and which look the best. Modern wheels look a lot more sporty and for those who get it right they can increase road-holding and traction. However the original trims (in various versions) are so 60/70s and 'Datsun' that for me they add something to a standard car.

Thanks Rob :thumbs:

they're 15 X 7J ET10

They say Assen on the backs, never heard of them tbh, I do like them but I also like the stock look too, best of both worlds:)

Red7

Well-Known Forum User

Sorry !! Steel wheels not slots :blush: I thought they were 4.5" ? I've put 175/70/14's on :thumbs: