Registering a replacement engine

Peato40

Well-Known Forum User
Hello All,

When I bought my 260z 2+2 it came with a loose engine that was not the original one, but anyway an L26 so I was happy with that, although it's always niggled me a bit that the V5 isn't updated. It would seem that I would need some kind of inspection report to satisfy the DVLA when making an application to change the engine number and was wondering if anybody else has done it and can give me some advice about what really is needed and perhaps who can supply it.

My car is registered as a historic vehicle if it makes any difference. I'm pretty sure that it can remain as a historic vehicle since I'm replacing the engine for the same variant (L26)

upload_2020-6-16_8-36-24.png

Any advice will be very much appreciated.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Wow, never had to do that.

All I've ever done is amend the V5 (section 7) and send it off.

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
To be honest I don't think it will make any difference as its tax free so changing the engine does not change the tax class.
Do what Rob said and just amend the V5 and see what happens.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I did what Rob said in 2016 and it was fine. The car was already historic tax class by then.

atomman

Club Member
I think you can just change the number and send it off , this is what i have done in the past also,

if it increases in size or even decreases the CC you usually need a garage or and engineer to just right a quick letter on headed paper ,