Rear light Cluster

cosworth415

Club Member
Can anyone tell me the best way to remove a single lens from the rear light cluster, they seem to be held in with some kind of mastic, cement or something like that. I need to swap an amber difusser with an American red one and don't want to damage anything, I wondered if submersing the unit in hot water might do the trick.
Someone on here must of already done this and there input would be much appreciated.

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
Too late with your second reply Mark N he has already baked it & it is stuck to the shelf in the oven ! :eek:

The only up side I can see is that christmas has past, just imagine the problems a Z light stuck in the oven would have caused on christmas day ! :D :lol:

Mark N

Club Member
Too late with your second reply Mark N he has already baked it & it is stuck to the shelf in the oven ! :eek:

The only up side I can see is that christmas has past, just imagine the problems a Z light stuck in the oven would have caused on christmas day ! :D :lol:

I glanced at this thinking you were the OP! :eek: lol

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I just used hot water on my 240Z ones .just leave submerged in hot water till ready