Rear brake rotors

zpuppy

Well-Known Forum User
Hi all, I'm gettin rather desperate for rear brake rotors and pads for a pre facelift Z31,,,Ive sorted the fronts thanks to Mr F :thumbs: ( and a lot of other stuff as well ) ! Cant find rear brake kit anywhere and damned if Im gonna spend the money to get them cast and machined :eek: Im willing to pay for a pair that can be skimmed, mine picked up some debris and are chewed to hell. :(
Failing that are there enough owners on the site needing rotors to make it worthwhile me going the cast and machined route?? If there are, at least we, as a group, could get them made to spec and the cost wouldnt be as prohibitive ? BTW Im trying to make Zfest in August and Mr Burns is gonna kick my butt up round my shoulders if we dont make this one ! :lol::bow: :driving:

zpuppy

Well-Known Forum User
How the hell do you guys find this stuff ?? Thanks Quagmire btw ! :bow: I guess wif the pub I just dont have the time to search properly ! :thumbs::driving:Cheers all !

Mr.F

Inactive
Don't want to dampen enthusiasm, but please make sure that pattern parts are based on U.K. specification. The USA market specification is often the source for these items and they didn't have the same spec as us on the rear of the early cars.
I await confirmation feedback with interest...

zpuppy

Well-Known Forum User
I will keep you informed Mr F ! The spec does seem to match as far as I can tell , and they do offer a full refund minus shipping if it 's wrong :) I'll be in touch next week btw re our earlier conversation :driving:

zpuppy

Well-Known Forum User
You where right Mr F , no good at all ! however, I have looked up the spec for the rear rotor on a 90 model and it is an exact match except the offset, or " height " The rotors I have are approx 47.5 mm and the ones they stock are 57.4. Now for the big question,, Im thinking about ordering them and getting a 10 mm spacer made to sit between the hub and rotor. I cant see it being unsafe if done properly and it would then correct the offset . Comments please :bow: aside from the offset they are a match for all other dimensions. :cheers:

Mr.F

Inactive
You may need longer wheel studs if you use a 10mm spacer, but otherwise, if dimensions match, it is a possibility...

MCMLXXXV

Well-Known Forum User
you guys do know Nissan dealership still does all the parts for the Z31... infact they still do parts for Datsuns the last time I checked lol

I usually use Nissan dealership as a last resort cause they can be pricey, but rather order from them than get into making custom discs etc etc

Mr.F

Inactive
you guys do know Nissan dealership still does all the parts for the Z31

Sadly, they don't - over the last few years more and more parts for Z31 have become "no longer for sale" from Nissan and this includes the disc rotors which are the subject of this thread.

I order from Nissan and receive a delivery from them daily - I have made this enquiry and the part is no longer available, plus the pattern part suppliers have rarely got it right for the Z31 U.K. market specifications...plus, this rotor was U.K. specific, so the Americans can't help us out.

BTW, if you order your Nissan stuff via MJP (Eastern Auto) you will:

a. Usually get the right item for your application :)
b. Get a discounted price from Nissan list - up to 20% on some items :D
c. Get free technical advice :thumbs:

zpuppy

Well-Known Forum User
Due to some serious luck Ive just 10 minutes ago finished the rear offside rotor and pads ! :thumbs: Nearside tommorow ;) I tripped over a place that does metal restoration work here in Berkshire , and they are superb :D Looking forward to Zedfest and Notts and seeing all you happy Z'ders :driving:

:cool: