RB26 - A very, very tempting buy

racer

Club Member
Went for 1,700 quid. It would still need a strip down and check over but, pretty cheap don't you think?

johnymd

Club Member
.............or you could go the whole hog :) and buy yourself a running soearer for around £1200, add another £1500 in parts and you will have a very reliable car that can put in the times(as I've shown).

I know they dont look as good in the engine bay and the RB is keeping it in the family but I still think the 1J is the best bang for your buck. On the other hand, if you've got £15+ to spend then its RB all the way.

For the cash you've got it in your soearer is the best bang for buck for a turbo engine, what would you really gain with an RB conversion except a bigger hole in the pocket?

However I do fancy a N/A rb 30 running on 50mm carbs :)

datsfun

Club Member
I know they dont look as good in the engine bay and the RB is keeping it in the family but I still think the 1J is the best bang for your buck.

Nope, that would be SR20:thumbs:...best bang for your buck. 400 reliable bhp all day long;),

but the haters will jump in and say its a 4 pot.. to them I say ave a look at the SR powered Zeds and see them handle + perform:cool:

astroboy

Well-Known Forum User
.............or you could go the whole hog :) and buy yourself a running soearer for around £1200, add another £1500 in parts and you will have a very reliable car that can put in the times(as I've shown).

I know they dont look as good in the engine bay and the RB is keeping it in the family but I still think the 1J is the best bang for your buck. On the other hand, if you've got £15+ to spend then its RB all the way.

I think If I do go for an engine swop, it'll be down the 1JZ route. The problem is that I've read your article in the magazine with the other 2 blue s30's and I'm adamant I can find a similar deal as you got with your soarer (even if it's not really possible lol). The engine isn't very expensive, it's that R154 box that I need to source which a bit more.

I actually don't mind the look of the 1JZ to be honest.