RB - Fuel pump wiring ?

Wyn

Club Member
Can someone whos good with electrics or whos wired an RB loom in just confirm something from the link below?

Chris Rummel's easy follow RB into Z wireing guide - HybridZ

section 8 = line 6
section 13 - 2nd part

As I read it’s saying use the black/pink wire from the ecu to act as a switched earth for the fuel pump relay?
But the red/pink wire its mentioning using is very small gauge and don’t look right
Or should there be other or bigger earths to a pump relay aswell as it don't mention any?

andymcc

Well-Known Forum User
the switching of a relay takes a tiny current, thats the reason for a relay. Tiny currents switching larger ones. Or am I missing something?

Wyn

Club Member
I can PM you Andy Shaws number as he done the wiring on mine and his RB conversion.

Would help, cheers

the switching of a relay takes a tiny current, thats the reason for a relay. Tiny currents switching larger ones. Or am I missing something?

Pass
One thing I've always hated doing is electrics n brakes :confused:
This is one of them and its nowt new, still hate messing with it :unsure:

Wyn

Club Member

That is the only earth to the relay that I can work out?
Should it not be or also have a heavy gauge earth wire?

andymcc

Well-Known Forum User
The relay will have a live and earth on the switching side (the black and pink one in question). That circuit will switch on the load circuit, usually battery live, to the consumer. so the only heavier duty wires are 12v in and 12v out. The consumer is earthed else where.

Wyn

Club Member
Cheers for that
I think I understand it now.
The black pink wire is just part of the switch to allow the pump a heavy live feed
I had it the small black pink was also the pumps main earth feed aswell :eek: