Rare 'Samuri' part. Valuation?

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Some time ago a very rare part came into my possession, and in the light of recent auction valuations I am now wondering what this artefact is worth.

This is a throttle mechanism actuating rod from a 'Samuri' triple Weber 40DCOE conversion. As you can see, it still carries traces of the characteristic red 'Samuri' paint.

What do the community think with regard to valuation? I'd be very interested to hear your estimates - rounded up to the nearest hundred - and also whether you think it would be worth more with a "letter from Spike"?

Thanking you in advance.

datsfun

Club Member
Wow.

Depends on whether this was pre or post "Big Sam / FFA" ? .:rolleyes:

Maybe this was used for R&D for aforementioned legends :smash:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Hang on, is this a real part ? I mean 'you' say that it is.....

What is on the car from which it came ? Does the car still live and breathe ?

I think that I can see genuine rust on there but in this age of 'distressing' - that also might be faked.....:unsure:

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
Ok I'm going to come clean my car does in fact have a door from a samuri. Or at least that's what z farm said when I phoned them up looking for a drivers door. SSSoooo that must put at least 50,000 on my car.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Clearly some people are not taking this as seriously as they should.

This is Z history we are dealing with here, people.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I still want to know whether those parts sold and cars prepared by Kevin can and should be called Samuris ?

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Does not Spike maintain and state that for a car to be called a Samuri it had to be done by a company called Samuri Conversations Ltd

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Does not Spike maintain and state that for a car to be called a Samuri it had to be done by a company called Samuri Conversations Ltd

That was just a load of old chat though, wasn't it?

I'd only believe it if I saw it in print with his signature at the bottom.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Too many doubting Thomases out there, obviously. I think another detail photo is in order.

That's a proper high-tensile Nissan bolt I'll have you know.

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
Never forget the time I was on the phone to Spike to order some parts for my 240 & said that I was building a Samuri ! He was not very pleasant to say the least :eek:

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
I still want to know whether those parts sold and cars prepared by Kevin can and should be called Samuris ?

I would like to turn it on its head and ask why those parts sold and cars prepared by Kevin at a certain time should not be called Samuris ?

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User

I do not think so. Samuri was Spike. Also what about numbers 75,76 &77 ? LHD Samuri's, Auto Samuri's !

Bit of a contradiction somewhere there....

Perhaps your part could be carbon-dated to detect from which period it began rusting and therefore in which era it was fitted and by whom ?