Rahail builds an 'Homage'

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Oh man. I hope he got clearance for that Logo or he's in for a lawsuit for sure.

AD240Z

Club Member
This should be an interesting thread ....... :lurk:

I personally try and remain positive about the various aspects of the Samuri story andsimply accept it for what it is.

No doubt this car is of ususal MZR high standards and detail , and why not - I think it looks good.

I wonder if the number plate is relevant - could it be adopted as the 150th 'official 'Samuri?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
It looks to be a very good quality car (as usual).

Once this gets into the press Samuri prices will just keep rising. ;)

Good looking car.

Last edited:

grb184

Club Member
Is there not a difference between the ones shown in the link above to the one on the MZR car
I am no lawyer but having had experience in my past work roles, my understanding is that trademark protects a good or service offered by a company from infringement or damage of reputation by another company. With a trademark, you have legal recourse to sue another company that uses your likeness to further their own business ventures.

You do not have to use the logo per se but if you are asserting that a product is linked to the person or company that holds the trademark then you are in breach.

Lovely car mind you!

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Pete Brock, of Brock Racing Enterprises/BRE team fame, licenses his copyrighted BRE 240Z paint & graphic scheme.

If you want to use it on your car in US territory, I believe you have to make an application and pay a fee in order to get permission.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
You do not have to use the logo per se but if you are asserting that a product is linked to the person or company that holds the trademark then you are in breach.

Strictly enforced, this might well be applicable to *most* of the Samuri cars "on the list"...

EXTRA:D