R32/Z32 brakes, what's this?

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
what is it, do I need them, how many should there be, etc?

I've been cleaning up my r32 calipers and when I checked the bag of fittings, there are three of these, which I'm pretty sure can't be the right number!
Do they come with pad sets? help!

DSC_0018.jpg

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Thanks guys.
I've got these bits too, which are described as anti rattle?

DSC_0019.jpg

atomman

Club Member
just checked my spare set of calipers, but they just have what you have pictured , anti squeal shims

I'm sure I have the other bits in the set fitted to the Z though, will have a check tomorrow

Attachments

• IMG_20200410_194932.jpg
    IMG_20200410_194932.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20200410_195017.jpg
    IMG_20200410_195017.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 23

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
just checked my spare set of calipers, but they just have what you have pictured , anti squeal shims

I'm sure I have the other bits in the set fitted to the Z though, will have a check tomorrow
cheers Gary.

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I'm sure you've already worked this all out already however yes they're anti squeal fittings. I've got all of the above fitted to mine except for the top pictured low warning level squealers. My racey pads came with some integrated. I did have to cut one off for fitment reasons though... :oops:

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I'm sure you've already worked this all out already however yes they're anti squeal fittings. I've got all of the above fitted to mine except for the top pictured low warning level squealers. My racey pads came with some integrated. I did have to cut one off for fitment reasons though... :oops:
nope, not sorted yet.
is this the one that is the wear squealer?

DSC_0018.jpg

I bought a cheap set of pads from rockauto to see how it all goes together, and convince myself I dont need the missing piece(s).

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
nope, not sorted yet.
is this the one that is the wear squealer?

View attachment 37828

I bought a cheap set of pads from rockauto to see how it all goes together, and convince myself I dont need the missing piece(s).

Yes I believe it is.

If you get more aggressive compound pads which I imagine you will given the cars usage then they'll likely come with something already fitted like my Porterfield R4-S pads.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Yes I believe it is.

If you get more aggressive compound pads which I imagine you will given the cars usage then they'll likely come with something already fitted like my Porterfield R4-S pads.
thanks Mark. TBH, I can't see myself spending on those posh Porterfield pads. I might go for rockauto premium $50 ones when these $3.50 beauties are used up!

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
thanks Mark. TBH, I can't see myself spending on those posh Porterfield pads. I might go for rockauto premium $50 ones when these $3.50 beauties are used up!

Cant argue with that, Gary was using some which sounded good at a much more sensible price point. May be ferrodo but you'd have to check with him.

Like my tyres I just like to put serious money behind the stopping power. Both choices seem to totally transform cars!