Quieter S30 rear silencer

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
As a matter of interest, I HAVE begun the development of a quieter rear silencer specifically for track-days - bolt-on/bolt-off.
I expect it to be comfortably under 94dbs to be safe upon every occasion.....without any decrease in performance of course !

Not available until after summer I should think. No pictures yet.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Anyone can use what they like....others might like to keep the quieter 'muffler' on for longer. But I'm open - show me what you mean please and how it fits on.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
How much louder is this than a standard 240z ...? Any idea? Will this have the double exit pipes?

Find me a standard 240Z !:)

I'm quoting being quieter than my actual standard silencer and I already make a twin-pipe JDM-style twin pipe version too but of the slightly noisier kind.

If you Google db killer/baffle you'll see what I mean. From a business point of view, you only need once silencer instead of investing more time and money in development in another silencer, Just sell a bolt in option. Even akrapovic do it that way.

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
If you Google db killer/baffle you'll see what I mean. From a business point of view, you only need once silencer instead of investing more time and money in development in another silencer, Just sell a bolt in option. Even akrapovic do it that way.

I think its utter madness noise restrictions should be in place. buy a house near a race track and you should expect noise, no different from an airport...... grrrrrrrrr

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User

.....but then any of you could buy one so why should I invest and supply....as it'll no doubt cost more ?

johnymd

Club Member
IMO most of us would like a quiet silencer and if it doesn't effect performance too much then we'll all be happy. Keep going Sean as I think your heading the right way.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
IMO most of us would like a quiet silencer and if it doesn't effect performance too much then we'll all be happy. Keep going Sean as I think your heading the right way.
Thanks - nice to hear.:thumbs:

All those exhausts supplied previous to the batch sold from August last year are going to be noisier - fact !
I have continually increased the effectiveness of the centre and rear silencers at no cost to performance ; one of the improvements was to reduce the internal diameter and external tip from 3" to 2.5".......so :

You make it a perfect fit to 100% suit your silencer.

.....if I do this, it'll only be to fit the later and better 2.5" outlet !;)

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Made up a model based upon an existing product (let's call it a replica.....;)) and have bought two 'db-killers' designed to fit on m-bike exhausts to try out....but I'd prefer to have a silencer complete to fit on directly to the line.

Ideally, I would offer an exhaust line with the choice of three rear silencers :

standard
track-days (queiter)
JDM (twin exit pipes)

That's what I'm working towards......I'm not convinced upon the 'look' or fit of the 'bolt-on' mufflers and therefore ultimately their quality not matching what I can produce.