Quick Lube Software

P

pikkachhu

We were contracted by an absentee owner of a local quick lube shop to write quick lube software. His researched showed the prices of what was currently avaliable was over $15000. He said if he didn't pay $15k, his only choice was a DOS based piece of doo-doo. So we write a program, then install it at the shop. Well, the guy who runs the shop basically runs the shop by himself so he has no time to use or evaluate the software.

Now we've put a lot of time into this software. We think its good software but we don't run a quick lube shop!! So how do we know if its useful or not?? We think we have a good product that we don't have to charge $15k for but I don't want to through it out without some type of market research (i.e. talk to 10-20 shop managers not just one). I have tried researching similar products, its been hard to get demo disks, etc. Even so, I really want to know what a person who runs a quick lube shop could really use in the way of software. I know the obvious stuff - customer name, vehicle make/model but what kind of customer/vehicle info would really be important, what kind of reports would be helpful, what kind of inventory system would be useful?

I really need some opinions. After that, we can see if its fesible to implement and then, hopefully if I have made a couple contacts online, see if a couple of shop owners who have time can beta test the software and let us know if we're headed in the right direction.

You can reply to this posted or go to our yahoo group

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/quicklube/join

We really appreciate the input

Black Bug

Well-Known Forum User
Frankly bizarre posting!

Don't quite think you've found the correct audience here pikkachhu.

Cheers,
Rob

Russ

Club Member
Oh one of those...

So young and naive me :)

I'd be more than happy to go visiting these lube shops to work out their requirements...