Putting the Z32 to bed!

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
My car tax ran out yesterday, so I gave the 300ZX a good wash in order to park it up for a few months in the garage.
Whilst hosing the underneath of the car, I had a look underneath the rear and must say that it looks more like the underneath of a 3 year old car, than a 16 year old!
The fuel tank and suspension arms etc are still painted black from the factory and look quite new!
Just shows what our winter roads do to UK cars, as it's only been over here for a year.!

chunk

Im not normal
Club Member
Indeed, my 14 yr old UK 300zx was obviously a 14yo car, my 15yo SWB TT (what was imported in 2001) is starting to show signs of age, but my 16yo NA SWB (now Zeemans) that was imported in 2005 is amazing, my MOT chap thought it had a private plate on (H reg) he was suprised to hear it was 16 years old :)

Personally, Id never buy a UK Z32 again, but thats just me :)

Remember to start your Z every now and again, as they can be a bugger to start after a period of being stood still.

Rich

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
sorn...

The last time I started my 260z, I lost my clutch pedal...I think
its that hydraulic servo doo-dah on the gearbox. Apart from that it started up no problems & at the age of 29 is but a spring chicken. My M.O.T bloke thought it was a corvette( He's a new one,The old M.O.t bloke has emigrated).
DJZ 60.:cool:

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
My Z31 used to start first turn of the key after a winter lay up....I did have to charge the battery up first though, as the alarm used to flatten it.
I didn't want to use my Z32 over the worst winter months, say December to February, as the gritted roads don't tend to do your car any favours!
My previous Z32 was a daily driver, but this resulted in plenty of stonechips and corroded wheels etc.
I've got some jobs to do on the car's interior, so I will be getting it out of the garage a few times during the winter.
Roll on the Spring!

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Jez have you seen them nice bits that chunks selling in the classifieds,
look like specifically chosen bit's,for a 300zx...........DJZ 60.:)

Russ

Club Member
Good idea on the parking up. I thought "I'll get a Z32 as a daily and use my 240 on dry days", but it's actually looking like I'll only be able to use them both on dry days and I'll have to get something else again to drive into the ground! Same goes for my motorbike, no good ruining a nice bike on the daily commute.

Was thinking of getting the same Triumph and McQueen used, army colours won't show how dirty it is :)

Anyway if you don't have one get a trickle charger for your battery. I have one of these beauties for my motorbike, and they should be man enough to trickle charge a car battery. Apparently recovering a very dead car battery can get them a bit warm but they can do that as well.

http://www.acumen-electronics.co.uk/shop/products.php?category=83

Get one of these, £30 because the tin they come in is bent, save yourself £15. For £3 you can get a 3m extension for it, voila! The tin is well bent, but all the gear inside is perfect, and the guy who runs the place is really good to deal with. Aaaannd if you say "Get an optimate" these are as good but they come with all the accessories that the optimate charges extra (silly) money for.

No I'm not a sales rep :)