pull your neck in Sean

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Sean what is the point of posting a comment under a car in the gallery
hardly anyone willl see the snidny remark

SeanDezart 7125 6-09-09 8:57 Two days to approve a photo ? C'mon guys !

And if you think I am going to approve your comment you have no chance

If it takes two days because people are busy it takes two days

For Effs sake its me who makes the time to approve 99% of the photos and comments in there

I am sure the subscribed members understand

Russ

Club Member
If anyone wants to moan about time taken to do something then feel free to join the club and committee or find someway to help, more hands to the pump are always appreciated :thumbs:

Apologies to Steve I never think to check the gallery any more, I'll try to remember :)

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Steve darling - why do YOU take it personally when I'm addressing the WHOLE group of people able and responsable ?

It shouldn't be YOU that does it all so kick some butts.

Why should I subscribe anyway ? What do I get as an overseas 'member' that I must pay for ?

I was a paid-up member and so was my Dad and both happy to financially support the club but the club should also support us - it didn't (and you know that history) and we don't. I will join again if THAT history is straightened out. I probably would help out (aside from contributing on the forum) on the club side IF invited if THAT history was sorted out.

Of course, it's easy to say that smugly because I'm sure that it won't be sorted.

Still love ya fatty.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Apologies to Steve I never think to check the gallery any more, I'll try to remember :)

Thing is Russ as 99% of the photos are approved the same day as they posted there are never normally any there to approve anyway
Its more the snide remark made in the comments about a photo that pi$$e$ me off
A pm would have been the polite way to do it
And hey it was not even Seans photo

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
"snide" remark ? "Two days to approve a photo ? C'mon guys ! " Kinda soft as a remark I'd of thought !

Hardly worth getting hot under the collar and a very public comment - not snidy, behind the back at all !

A PM to whom ? How do I know to whom to send a PM ? If I'd sent one to you, you'd have told me off for implying that you'd forgotten ?

Can't win here so lay it on.....:)

No, not my photo - so what has that to do with anything ? I wanted to see it in detail - I'm restoring and painting one in orange and they're not that many about.

If you have any more orange Zs in your PC folders, I'd be grateful for copies please, pretty please.

xx

Russ

Club Member
Steve doesn't work full time for the Z club or get anything back for doing it, apart from grief. If it took a fortnight you should still be grateful he donates his time to do it for you.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Oh Russ - no-one works full time for the club, I didn't but still put in a WHOLE lot of personal time and money for free - that's what a passion is ! And I got a whole load of grief too - that also goes with the job unfortunately (but the good outweighs the bad).

I wasn't giving HIM grief - I still aint, how should I know that he's doing 99% of it ? YOU and the rest of the committee should feel grief that HE'S doing most of it.

On a last note, Steve also could have sent a PM stating his 'injury' and how he was pissed off but he made it public !

"Sean what is the point of posting a comment under a car in the gallery
hardly anyone willl see the snidny remark" - well it was seen wasn't it so why not turn this around, make it constructive and organise it that Mr Burns doesn't do everything ? You yourself stated that you weren't aware so obviously there is a 'hole' in the 'system' somewhere 'cos you're concientious.

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
Sean what is the point of posting a comment under a car in the gallery
hardly anyone willl see the snidny remark

And if you think I am going to approve your comment you have no chance

If it takes two days because people are busy it takes two days

For Effs sake its me who makes the time to approve 99% of the photos and comments in there

I am sure the subscribed members understand

FFS, is that all you said? I would have gobbed off shed loads more, then perhaps thats the reason why i'm no longer a committee member!

Steve does do shed loads of work for the club and I would hasten to guess double that of everyone else, not knocking the rest mind as its all for free and ppl have their own lives to lead and thus free time being expensive.

I guess its far too easy for the key board whingers to complain behind the vale without having to have any productive input, let alone becoming a member.

My best mates uncle fred had a second cosin that was a member a few years ago, I guess that gives me the right to state my case...:(

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks mate I got 'em - why DID you go for white.......?

Grolls - I notice that you're not a paid up member either........

I have tons of productive and constructive input but I don't think that The Z Club wants it. Forum over-regulated, committee members under-worked and several over-praised (awards and trinkets every year - we never got any of that). Time to go back to grass roots and plug the regional groups !

Russ

Club Member
Committee members under worked!!

Forum over-regulated???

The mind boggles where you come from some times. Steve has been trying to give up the job of treasurer since before I joined in 2002, but there is no one to replace him, if he went there'd be no Z club, end of. I've plenty better things to do (like renovate my house, finish the jobs on my Z, work I could get paid for etc etc) but instead I'm sat here coding a new members area and trying to bring things forward. I'm PLEASED you're not a member so for a measley £15 you won't get to use any of the coding I've been doing lately.

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks mate I got 'em - why DID you go for white.......?

Grolls - I notice that you're not a paid up member either........

I have tons of productive and constructive input but I don't think that The Z Club wants it. Forum over-regulated, committee members under-worked and several over-praised (awards and trinkets every year - we never got any of that). Time to go back to grass roots and plug the regional groups !

Don't know why its showing i'm not a paid up member......perhaps Steve or membership can tell me why? If its run out I havn't got a reminder, but i'd re-join in any case.

Tons of productive input??????? jeeze I aint laughed so much in ages. Whinging and whining from afar isn't classed as productive input, if you wanted to support the marque then you should support the club, after all if it collapsed because of a lack of funding in time to come, where would you be able to tell us how fast you once was...lol

Russ

Club Member
Grolls, apparently you ran out of membership five days ago mate (01/09/2008), sorry we didn't give you a heads up in time, you haven't moved have you? Have fudged it for you for now, can you renew via ZClub.net - Join the club :)

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
What do you want - a rose ?

The only way that a replacement will come forward is if Steve stops (that'd life) and if that means that the club dies then it wasn't meant to (or worth) continuing as a club is by the members, for the members.

Talking of which - nice attitude mate. There was a time when constructive criticism was taken as such and not as a personal snipe - I was addressing The Club.

Forum over-regulated ? Yep and why it's boring - no-one's allowed to have fun.

Committee members under worked ? Well, if Steve's doing 99% of it and if he quit the club would fail - wtf are the others because there are how many on the committee ?

Several over-praised ? There's not a national meeting that happens where someone gets an award, sometimes 'cos they did one thing in one year. Great - but do it for several or put your heart into it - then maybe be proposed for something - it's all voluntary.

I have no idea what 'coding' is or how it could benefit me or anyone else.....:eek:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Tons of productive input??????? jeeze I aint laughed so much in ages. Whinging and whining from afar isn't classed as productive input,

This club only has this forum, I'm on it, I discuss, participate....if there was another quiz night (that was a one-shot wonder), I'd pay to be in on it for a laugh despite Russ having the fastest connection and therefore quickest response time. I started the F1 competition, I've put up prizes, I gave Suzy loads last time she was here for the clubs' raffle....I think I organised Le Mans Classic and I offer every year to do the same for the 24 Hrs, I've been the one pushing for the Dutch Clubs' do next year, I'm always offering to do another French weekend event, I've written several articles for the clubs' mag and the online mag and if asked, I'll continue (not as some have done for the personal glory (bollocks to that) but because I want to support 'my' club.

If I've calmed down it's because I feel that the club didn't support me on (for me) an important issue.

Don't preach to me my friend.

The Club needs more active local groups - more local outings that build into a fan base to come to national events and financially support what is now a firm internet based club.

What does it take (£s) to run this club every year now ?

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
Grolls, apparently you ran out of membership five days ago mate (01/09/2008), sorry we didn't give you a heads up in time, you haven't moved have you? Have fudged it for you for now, can you renew via ZClub.net - Join the club :)

Re-joined and yes moved, oops....:eek: i forgot.........so it was my fault!!!!!;) Address all updated....and hey its great to belong knowing I'm suppoting the club.....:lol:

Russ

Club Member
Coding - development of the website.

I can't believe you don't think that most of us aren't already doing everything we can for the club. If there were more than a couple people trying to push the website forward then we'd have more time for trivial things like approving an image.

If Steve quit there'd be no treasurer, something the club couldn't run without.

Every year we ask for more help to run the club, but rarely do people join, and often when they do it's short lived because it's a real pain in the ass doing the work. I can handle constructve criticism but when you start making out we're all lazy sods then yeah I will take it a bit personally.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Run me a list of the committee and if you don't want to make it personal - just list the tiles with no names.......I'll bet half of them don't even participate on this forum.

You know what ? I don't think most of you are doing everything they can for the club. I think SOME of you are doing a lot and that is why a photo might be taking time to be approved.

Now chill out - you don't love this club more than I.