PS30-SB at BH Auction

zbloke

Club Member
I don't suppose anyone on here knows if that 432R is wearing its OEM ignition coil?

And if it is, is it in some way connected to that box on the LH 'A' pillar trim?

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
I don't suppose anyone on here knows if that 432R is wearing its OEM ignition coil?

And if it is, is it in some way connected to that box on the LH 'A' pillar trim?

It's not the original Mitsubishi CDI. It's an (aftermarket) ULTRA MDI ignition system and coil, same as I'm running on one of my cars.

The MDI unit has been mounted under the original signal flare/signal torch location on the left hand kick panel, whereas the (much smaller) original CDI unit would have been mounted on the underside of the cowl sheetmetal, where it could not be seen.

is it one of the well known ones Alan? I seem to remember something about this one on a report somewhere, something to do with the vin and stamping detail?

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
is it one of the well known ones Alan? I seem to remember something about this one on a report somewhere, something to do with the vin and stamping detail?

Yes, it's quite a well-known car, having been featured in a few magazine articles since at least the 1990s.

It still has some of the distinctive owner-added non-factory mods (made-up 'R' emblems, spare wheel soft cover etc) but it has - in recent years - been returned to a more original state, after having at one time been fitted with overfenders and all sorts of bolt-on funnies.

I think the "re-stamping" (in fact the chassis type and body serial number combo on the firewall is engraved) is a little bit of a mis-description, and it was more a case of Nissan authenticating and endorsing the identity of the car later in its life. Not unique in that respect.