Pre-80 240z/260z or 280z

Hi All,

Looking for a pre 1980 240z/260z or 280z.
It can be original or not.
Must be: a non-sunroof, no rust or minimal, sound bodywork car.
RHD or LHD
Resto-mods could be considered.
Ideally it should be driveable, if not then must be easy to make it so.

Budget is 26k max.

Thanks
GT

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
Your budget isn't far off my car which is currently for sale! You should be able to get a nice car (even a reasonable standard RHD 240Z which doesn't require too much work for 26K).

IMG_4344.jpg IMG_4789.jpg IMG_4338.jpg IMG_4352.jpg IMG_4353.jpg

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks GT ;)

I’m sure you will find something to suit! If I see anything I’ll fire you a message.

Good luck with the search and welcome to SClub, you’ve come to the right place!

grahamjc

Well-Known Forum User
SClub? All seven of us? ;)

There is a RHD red 240 on here for sale for £25k ... here's the link ...

https://zclub.net/community/index.p...z-uk-original-rhd-original.24627/#post-282920

I think the interior still needs a lot of work for that money personally, but it's all opinions ...

Good luck with your search.

Considering the time, effort and money that has gone into the body, the price is very low! All done by a professional company, with invoices, etc.

Yeah, thats mine.... please feel free to contact me regarding the car. Will be getting advertised on major sites like PistonHeads from the beginning of December

uk66fastback

Club Member
I think for a modest outlay on the interior Graham, the car immediately becomes more desirable and the price could increase accordingly. As you'll be aware, you never get the cost of these restorations back (especially if done by a pro outfit) ...

grahamjc

Well-Known Forum User
I think for a modest outlay on the interior Graham, the car immediately becomes more desirable and the price could increase accordingly. As you'll be aware, you never get the cost of these restorations back (especially if done by a pro outfit) ...

Of course completely agree! I do not think that the issues needing work are that major, but its not my decision (only) to finish or sell as is - and my ex doesnt want to proceed - I really wish I could finish the car!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Hi All,

Looking for a pre 1980 240z/260z or 280z.
It can be original or not.
Must be: a non-sunroof, no rust or minimal, sound bodywork car.
RHD or LHD
Resto-mods could be considered.
Ideally it should be driveable, if not then must be easy to make it so.

Budget is 26k max.

Thanks
GT

Are we talking 2 seaters only here re 260 and 280? Did you see my private 'Conversation' to you?

Are we talking 2 seaters only here re 260 and 280? Did you see my private 'Conversation' to you?

Rob, I have just replied

I have checked your rebuilt thread Graham, I may be wrong though but does it not look to you as if the front fenders were put too high, it does look that way to me when comparing to other cars online. Have a look and let me know, I will be worried about that if I were to see your car.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Those front fender additions look to be in the right place to me - others will know more - it's the actual ride height which needs to be changed to achieve a better stance. I'm sure Graham's man took lots of references etc before putting them there.

I am on my phone so difficult to compare well enough and I again apologise before hand if I am mistaken. I am seeing these 2 photos granted from different angles and they seem different to me.
Anyway, I should actually go and see it myself instead of relying on photos ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181127-182610.jpg
    Screenshot_20181127-182610.jpg
    539.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20181127-182454.jpg
    Screenshot_20181127-182454.jpg
    379.1 KB · Views: 46

uk66fastback

Club Member
Yes, they're 'marginally different' but the 'slack' can be taken out in the stance by messing with the suspension somewhat. Others on here who have done this type of work will know more though.

The position of that arch extension on the metal wing looks 99% the same - look at where the leading edge lines up with the bumper - then imagine the wheel higher in the arch ...

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
I am seeing these 2 photos granted from different angles and they seem different to me.

Something to bear in mind: Sometimes people get R and L sided overfenders mixed up - putting RIGHT side ovfs on LHS and LEFT side ovfs on RHS.

Look at your two photos more closely. One of them has done the above...

julian

Club Member
Hi have my 240z for sale two owners from new original body and interior. Never been welded .running 2.8 turbocharged .engine .uprated suspension brakes etc .original bill of saLe .ienkiel split rims Toyota tyres . Have original low milage .matching no.engine gearbox and cabs .to be included in sale.

Attachments

• IMG-20171002-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20171002-WA0001.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 31

julian

Club Member
I have my 240z for sale great condition for year. Never been welded.original body interior .except seats recovered in leather. Lots bills 2ownet from new .bill of sale if interested ill send you my no to give you full details ...had car about 8 yrs .

Attachments

• 2015-11-07 10.53.49.jpg
    2015-11-07 10.53.49.jpg
    464.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 2015-11-07 10.51.35.jpg
    2015-11-07 10.51.35.jpg
    409.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG-20171002-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20171002-WA0001.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 28

Jay.

Club Member
You'll be able to get a lovely example for that I'd hope :) Keep us updated with what you're looking at

uk66fastback

Club Member
B66jEeuq.jpg

6SVKhgUV.jpg