Power steering pics

tel240z

Club Member
couple of shots of the p/steering in its home i am very impressed with how strong the rack is in comparison with the origional rack, as i have said before IMHO i dont like the idea of transmitting p/s through a manual rack :driving:

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    373.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    396.2 KB · Views: 151

us2

Well-Known Forum User
I have the same on my 72.Subaru. What are you doing for a pump. I fitted a fairly new pump from a Hyundai Lantra, and also used a lot of it's pipework.
Would you be interested in some pictures?

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
looking good Tel,quite alot of pipe work ,good job there is a fair bit of room in the engine bay

Wyn

Club Member
will be using an electric pump probably from a saxo no pics as yet as still sorting:cheers:

Sure you know but for others that don't the Peugeot 106 uses the same elecy hydro pump
2 diffo types available aswell - combined or remote filler reservoir

us2

Well-Known Forum User
Is that a Subaru rack? If it is how did you overcome the fitting from the cast pinion piece that stuck down on the crossmember. Did you cut the crossmember.?

tel240z

Club Member
yes its a subaru rack and i would like to call it a highly modified and strenghtend xmember :) also turned the pinion round 180 degrees to give better clearance and pipe acsess, what are you doing a subaru or 240z electric or belt drive pump ?