polishing/anodising

Jimbo

1978 260z in yellow
Club Member
i have some mag slot wheels and theyre look tired, so im thinking of getting them cleaned up.

can anyone recommend a company in the midlands that polishes alloys or is it worth getting them anodized instead?
any other ideas would be most welcome as ive given them a quick polish myself and they do come up but they have a little bit of curb rash so could do with the right attention.
regards

james

rich

Well-Known Forum User
i have some mag slot wheels and theyre look tired, so im thinking of getting them cleaned up.

can anyone recommend a company in the midlands that polishes alloys or is it worth getting them anodized instead?
any other ideas would be most welcome as ive given them a quick polish myself and they do come up but they have a little bit of curb rash so could do with the right attention.
regards

james
A mate brought some mags for his mini, got a polish head for a drill and some metal polish and done them himself, I admit he done a really nice job considering.
Just remember that when you do something on your car its done with love, when someone else dose it, it's for £££.

Jimbo

1978 260z in yellow
Club Member
that sounds like a good idea. i still have a buffing wheel somewhere.
im just thinking long term as the car spends winter in a garage the wheels are going to start going crusty unless i polish them once a month.
is there a wax that can be applied to preserve the finish?