Good evening, I’ve never owned a 240z, I’ve found one,
22,000 miles,
one owner
L plate
silver black inside
Last driven 86 stored in a garage since
Starts & sounds very nice
Everything there can see any body rust
Bumpers are poor and the drivers side floor underside has rust not through but seems thin
They are asking £15000 I offered £12000
Question: should I pay the asking I’m finding it difficult to get a true understanding of the value
Happy days
Carl

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Carl, from the description it sounds like a decent car but we need to see pictures. However if you give too much away someone else may gazump you.

If you want you could start a conversation with me and I'll try to guide you. I'm not in the market for such a car. I need pictures.

Carl Platel

Club Member
Carl, from the description it sounds like a decent car but we need to see pictures. However if you give too much away someone else may gazump you.

If you want you could start a conversation with me and I'll try to guide you. I'm not in the market for such a car. I need pictures.

Attachments

• BD933AF3-5079-4AC6-91E8-5BCCD33E540D.jpeg
    BD933AF3-5079-4AC6-91E8-5BCCD33E540D.jpeg
    268.7 KB · Views: 98
  • E2EC03EE-E53A-4BBA-9DFF-9F26BAB07630.jpeg
    E2EC03EE-E53A-4BBA-9DFF-9F26BAB07630.jpeg
    227.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 0F1F469E-00D7-440A-A87A-B5059CC73C5F.jpeg
    0F1F469E-00D7-440A-A87A-B5059CC73C5F.jpeg
    207 KB · Views: 97
  • A78875E0-EA68-4A85-BE90-350A621B0664.jpeg
    A78875E0-EA68-4A85-BE90-350A621B0664.jpeg
    206.7 KB · Views: 96

status

Well-Known Forum User
Carl where are you based as it might be a good idea to get someone who’s had Zeds a while to give it the once over for you,Rob knows enough about them as do myself,I’ve had a Zed since 1983 and I’m not in the market for one so don’t mind looking if not too far if not get an RAC report,

uk66fastback

Club Member
If that really is that good then offer them £14k on the spot. If they don’t accept add £200 on each time until they do. Then pay them the money straight away and take the car ... looks good in those pics. But some shots outside in the light would be better.

Dry stored since ‘86? Every potential UK Z owner’s dream. I bet the previous owner of the green one on ebay wished he’d done that ...

Whoever is a club member closest owes it to Carl to go see this with him if he so wishes to help convince him to get it over the line ...

FL is a Cambs/Peterborough district registered car - I so hope it’s me!

Last edited:

Carl Platel

Club Member
Good morning and thank you all for your interest, from the small amount of research I’ve done it seems good value and worth the money.
it would seem American left and drive cars restored and modified can go as high as 60,000 dollars
But sensible RHD original cars seem few and far between this car is genuine and has been in a commercial garage at the back of a show room/storage area for nearly 20 years it drove there apparently the gentleman passed away 25 years ago at the time it was his daily drive his wife is now 85 and in hospital £15,000 will buy it, I would love to own it I was a mechanic and plan to restore back to a very usable condition, I presume that there are very few unrestored original cars around and that even if I spend 5k getting it really nice (not concorse) if I had to sell i could at least get my investment back, a test drive is unlikely but I can get under it and start it.
Question: is there anything to look for that can be hideously scary and expensive

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I hope this is a genuine 'Thread' and not a wind-up for Z Club members who strive to find such a car. You need to buy that for £15k and get it out of there ASAP.

What area are you in?

Rushingphil

Club Member
Good morning and thank you all for your interest, from the small amount of research I’ve done it seems good value and worth the money.
it would seem American left and drive cars restored and modified can go as high as 60,000 dollars
But sensible RHD original cars seem few and far between this car is genuine and has been in a commercial garage at the back of a show room/storage area for nearly 20 years it drove there apparently the gentleman passed away 25 years ago at the time it was his daily drive his wife is now 85 and in hospital £15,000 will buy it, I would love to own it I was a mechanic and plan to restore back to a very usable condition, I presume that there are very few unrestored original cars around and that even if I spend 5k getting it really nice (not concorse) if I had to sell i could at least get my investment back, a test drive is unlikely but I can get under it and start it.
Question: is there anything to look for that can be hideously scary and expensive

Only the rust EXTRA:)

uk66fastback

Club Member
As Phil says, RUST! Even that is beatable though. But this looks superb. Pay the asking and get it home. And then invite me round to see it if it is local ...

Do not give away its exact location before purchase. Get round there NOW, and get it home.

If you’re a mechanic the oily bits won’t scare you and they’re the least of your worries.

Let’s hope you get it and we can see it in the light. Great find if it happens and you can get it.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I've deleted some of the pictures because I think the poster has inadvertently revealed where the car is.