Plastic under bonnet heater tubes - 3D print | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Plastic under bonnet heater tubes - 3D print

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by atomman, Jun 18, 2021.

1. atomman

atomman
    Z Club Member

Found these the other day , some one has modelled up some replacements for the usually brittle and broken or missing under bonnet plastic air ducts in CAD ,

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4...INEOgTYnhvfTyDt8ubEQ-7555wuW-ypGZlMwTDVSBKu24

There not the same as stock ones but look ok , I do have a decent OG one that I will 3D scan when i get round to it , but I'm gonna print some off next week and see how they fit,

Will stick some photo's up when its all done .

MCBladeRun, ALN, Paul_S and 1 other person like this.
  2. ALN

ALN
    Z Club Member

Looks great, I'm going to try and give these a go too...

atomman likes this.
  3. Wally

Wally
    Z Club Member

Looks good. Could be interesting if we could make some that join to the second opening down for us that are using the top opening for intercooler piping.

atomman likes this.
  4. atomman

atomman
    Z Club Member

IMG_20210702_101341_4.jpg IMG_20210702_101337_3.jpg

Managed to get one of the researchers to 3D print them last friday for me , been going slowly all weekend ,

Look OK will test fit them later and they probably need heating to get a better finish or may wrap them in epoxy to make them proper heat proof ,

moggy240, tyroguru, Geoff-R and 3 others like this.
  5. 240L31

240L31
    Z Club Member

I would suggest using TPU, should handle the heat well plus it is easier to fit?

6. atomman

atomman
    Z Club Member

There made with ABS for now just so I can test the fit

IMG_20210705_183956_4.jpg IMG_20210705_183949_1.jpg

and they look like the fit great to

Pondo, moggy240, MaximG and 6 others like this.
  7. atomman

atomman
    Z Club Member

Just checked again there printed in PETG not ABS , so should be good for engine bay temps