Photobucket

Fairlineguy

Club Member
Ahh I've used photobucket to host my photos on here.
Now they seem to want to charge me?
Who's using what ?

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I have been using photobucket but not got round to changing yet,as I got fed up with all the ads etc all time.I was looking at flickr but not sure if it will be any better.I don't want to invest time into storing my photos online if the service ends up closing due to a lack of users.

uk66fastback

Club Member
I use PBucket as well ... I have just downloaded my entire library from their site. Not sure what I am going to do with it yet though!

If their site was more user-friendly and actually worked at an acceptable speed (as it used to) then maybe they might have some justification for wanting to charge. What has changed in their business model I wonder?

Dale

Club Member
They've ruined loads of threads and websites with this action. I doubt they'll be around for very long now. Not many people will pay the annual fee and now all the pictures have gone, no one can see any ads so they'll lose money there too.

They deserve to go out of business for this. They could have at the very least left everything as it was but simply lock future hosting so that old pictures stay where they are.

Fairlineguy

Club Member
How are you guys posting photos so that the photo automatically is visible with out having to click the link?
I have been playing with the Google photos,Flickr,imgur apps but only seem to be able to copy a link?

Fairlineguy

Club Member
How are you guys posting photos so that the photo automatically is visible with out having to click the link?
I have been playing with the Google photos,Flickr,imgur apps but only seem to be able to copy a link?

Ahh tapatalk is easier than the others I've tried .
But still preferred the old photobucket that allow the picture to be viewed full size without clicking on a thumbnail photo

IMG_2505.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
But still preferred the old photobucket that allow the picture to be viewed full size without clicking on a thumbnail photo

View attachment 21774

you don't have to click on a thumbnail with tapatalk - they're full size like with botophucket.
this one for example is tapatalk:
http://zclub.net/forum/showpost.php?p=278507&postcount=492

the thumbnail/full size thing is not about who's hosting the image, it's about how it's included in the post.
if you attach the image with the paperclip icon on the website, that's an attachment and it's stored on the zclub site. if you add an image with the insert image icon, then it's a full size image but you need to submit a full HTTP URL to an image, which means it already needs to be hosted somewhere (not the zclub site).
so what tapatalk is doing is providing a photobucket like upload & hosting feature integrated with posting it as an image in your post.
Perhaps tapatalk also lets you make an attachment - I'll have a look.

moggy240

Staff member
Club Member
I have tried inserting an image but i just cant get it to work.all i can get to work is a link

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Just to confirm: you can attach a file or embed a photo in tapatalk.
If you use the paperclip icon, you'll get a thumbnail to click on, if you use the mountains icon you'll embed a photo.
6dbc925981deba981c8473ca65279804.png

moggy240

Staff member
Club Member
Managed to find the icon to attach photos after I scrolled down when doing the reply

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Yay. All good until tapatalk decide they want money for hosting our photos

uk66fastback

Club Member

View attachment 21774

When you have the link copied, don't paste the link in your reply - click on the insert pic icon and paste the link in there - and this puts the correct html around the link ...