pcv piping

chris frizzell

Club Member
hi all use a little info on a pcv valve . does anyone know how the pipe work coming from the engine is attached ?
i have a 280z fitted with a 280zx engine and they have different shape pipe work . may be a problem with the new exhaust . may just need i little trimming with a hacksaw or if they are easy to remove may be get a replacement many thanks chris

Makesy

Club Member
On my l28 there is a pipe running from the block out under the intake. There is then a hose with 2 elbows connecting it to the pcv.

I can take a pic tomorrow if you like.

Be sure your pcv isn't stuck (it should open and close with gravity)

chris frizzell

Club Member
cheers on the 280z it looks like it come out straight but on the 280zx it has a elbow .this may hit the new exhaust from zstory . not the end of the world may be able to cut it but if you can remove the pipe and get a 280z one that may help thanks chris

Makesy

Club Member
This pic is from when I had the intake off.

IMG_20190615_140751.jpg

You can see where the pipe comes out of the block under exhaust 1 and the rubber hose is hanging loose.

I use a Zstory system and it doesn't catch.

Hope this helps

Reactions: Huw

Huw

Club Member
I made one up from silicon pipe from SFS Performance http://www.sfsperformance.co.uk/

The pipe on the bloc is 22mm and the PCV is 16mm. You can get reducing pipes, I used a 90 degree elbow, 22mm one side 16mm the other then a single straight 16mm to the PCV.

If you do make your own with silicon, remember to get the oil resistant type otherwise the pipe will collapse overtime from the oil vapour off the block.

7C8C4701-11BF-45C7-B638-40CE275F9F97.jpeg

Block side
EF7C059F-89E5-4DDB-A82F-19BEF75388C5.jpeg

PCV side
32112C54-F42B-4777-B25F-05E38D276B06.jpeg

Makesy

Club Member
I made one up from silicon pipe from SFS Performance http://www.sfsperformance.co.uk/

The pipe on the bloc is 22mm and the PCV is 16mm. You can get reducing pipes, I used a 90 degree elbow, 22mm one side 16mm the other then a single straight 16mm to the PCV.

If you do make your own with silicon, remember to get the oil resistant type otherwise the pipe will collapse overtime from the oil vapour off the block.

Guessing your car didn't come with chainmail as standard, @Huw ? ;)

Reactions: Huw