[SOLVED] Passenger door powerwindows issue

Sylv1

Well-Known Forum User
Hello

just to share because I solved the issue, in case someone has same kind of issues.

symptom : passenger windows goes up but not down from passenger seat and nothing remotely from driver seat after a long sleeping for body restoration

FSM is not very detailed on this chapter... and some diversity along markets & years makes the wiring specific. My zx does not have the automatic windows so only 2 switches on driver door.

so I removed all low trim of dashboard, door cards & tested for reverse engineering the circuit.

here is the way it works :
there is a dedicated circuit loop for up and one for down, for any of the windows switches.
The windows engine is self isolated and ground is set through a wire and managed by the switches.

the switch when operating, passenger side :
-toggles the +12v to the motor, one way for up and other way for down (2 Light green wires depending on rotation direction)
- toggles the ground to one wire for up and another for down (Blue and blue/red in my case, passenger side) => those 2 grounds goes through the dash to thé remote switch driver side!

driver side, the switch for remote passenger windows set the 2 grounds wires... to ground when on neutral position, allowing passenger to operate his windows.
When the driver operates the passenger windows, those 2 grounds are no longer linked to ground... and passenger switch does nothing any longer (no ground)... functionally the master is indeed the driver and passenger is forbidden to operate his windows himself in same time than driver.
Nb : switch for remote windows is internally different to switches for local windows due to this ground management.

In my case, contact cleaning of switch for remote passenger windows on driver door solved the issue.
solution was quick and simple... finally!
But investigation was a bit long

Hope it can save time for one of you :)