Paint sprayer

Matt Berry

Club Member
My car isn’t too far away from being ready to go in for spraying, so I’m trying to find somewhere to do it. The car is in Bristol, so looking for recommendations of any companies around this area. I don’t want to choose one from google as I like to hear genuine feedback of the service offered. I’ve had one person look at the car but he’s unable to make a start until mid next year, ideally I would like it done sooner than that. Willing to travel outside of Bristol but not too far. Any help would be much appreciated!

Farmer42

Club Member
I used a place called AutoClassico in Henfield near Emersons Green for my S30. Does a lot of classic restorations on high end marque cars (Astons, Jags, Mercs etc.). Did a good job on the original respray and bodywork although I didn't need any welding. Wasn't so impressed with a repair to my bonnet following an argument with a fence post as they got the colour match wrong even though they supposedly had the colour code from the original job. He wasn't so keen on trying to find an original Datsun colour if that is the way you want to go so you may have to source your own paint. I went for a newer Nissan 370Z colour but that was my choice because I didn't like the original colour.

Keep well clear of Nick Pope in Almondsbury. Wants the earth and more to do it, takes months & months with the car left out in the elements and I have heard he doesnt do a very good job although I haven't used him.

Good luck.