Paint codes?

ozting

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
Can anyone help I am trying to figure out the original colour of my 1972 240z but after a few web searches I'm non the wiser.
Found out the codes on the fire wall and took that but not sure which part is the paint code.
HS30-1526 is the number on the firewall stamped into the body.
Know the HS30 is the model but most paint codes seem to be just 3 digits.
Am I missing something?

ozting

Well-Known Forum User
I saw this site but still there are no 4 digit paint colours & I know the colour on the car now is not original

johnymd

Club Member
The number on the bulkhead is the chassis number, not the paint code. Not sure if the paint code can be found on the car.

ozting

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks Johnymd,
I was starting to think this was the case i was led off course as some of the paint code sites were saying it was on the bulkhead.
Will check for it again today :)

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
The paint code is shown on a sticker on top of the radiator panel (by the bonnet stay) but on most cars that sticker has long gone due to prep. for re-paint etc.

Russell

Club Member
I am interested in this with mine as well. Its going to be completely resprayed and interested to know what the original colour was.

It has been sprayed from bare metal in the past as its Ford Midnight Blue absolutely everywhere.

Would Nissan be able to tell us in the same way they can provide aging information on the car.

Failing that, the DVLA? Do they keep original colours on record from that far back as mine just says blue.