Paint Codes

swordley

Well-Known Forum User
I was just wondering if anyone knew where to find the RAL paint codes for a 280zx as I was wanting to sort out some paintwork on my car and wanted matching paint rather than just getting our local paint shop to try and colour match it.

Mr.F

Inactive
The paint code indicator was originally on a foil decal on the radiator support panel - probably faded and/or lost with the passage of time. I might be able to help - what actual colour would you describe your car as and what year of manufacture?

swordley

Well-Known Forum User
Its an 82 silver over black, we were just looking for the silver as we are tidying up the engine bay as its started to look a bit scabby. The foil was gone from the top of the rad brace like you said

hughc

Forum User
Sorry to hijack the thread but I have the exact same issue! Any ideas what the code would be for a metallic blue 1985 280zx (see below)? Also, any ideas why it is registered as 85? I thought the last ones were produced in 83?

Excuse the goon in the photo (me)- he was excited.

Picture19.png

Mr.F

Inactive
Dark metallic blue 09/80 - 08/82 code 924
Dark metallic blue 09/82 onwards code 109.

End of life Zs and ZXs often languished in showrooms for a year or two, so A and B reg not too uncommon...

kev64

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Mike could you look for a paint code for mine as well please? A silver 1972 240z,recently had some work done at Gary Bellamys previous owner gave me a paint code which was the wrong colour thank you.