Oulton Park Gold Cup July 28-30th 2023

richiep

Club Member
As the title says, I’ve booked the usual stand at the Oulton Park Gold Cup, taking place Fri-Sun, last weekend in July.

As always, you need an MSV account to book and can get club tickets, either as a weekend pass, or individual days. Friday is the practice/test day where we don’t have a club stand, but you can attend. Sat and Sun are race days.

Linky:

richiep

Club Member
Thanks for the bump Chris, as I was about to do the same!

There’s 11 cars booked at the moment, but 5 of those need to log in to MSV and redeem their passes.

There’s room for more attendees so please book in if you want to come via the MSV website as per the link in the first post.

Dale

Club Member
Is it correct that there’s not really much mention of the passes other than the red text ‘passes will be posted 1 week before the event’?

I followed your link and paid but nothing obvious to say I have booked passed that I can see.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
If I follow that link and go to 'my orders' I can see I have a vehicle display pass and a Saturday entry ticket. (Both print at home)

richiep

Club Member
Is it correct that there’s not really much mention of the passes other than the red text ‘passes will be posted 1 week before the event’?

I followed your link and paid but nothing obvious to say I have booked passed that I can see.
The passes can be printed at home. Login to your MSV account and check under "Your Orders". There you should see what you requested/paid for (and any historic orders with MSV). Are you sure you've paid/that the payment went through? I can see four people whose applications for passes have been approved by MSV but still need to "redeem their passes" (you, Mr Ex Jr, Jim Mcnab, and Keith Bailey).

There may be a button that says "redeem" or something like that against the Gold Cup order. There should also be a "print my e-documents" link.

You should've also had several emails from MSV - one when you requested a vehicle/club pass - which they authorize manually based on checking vehicle details/applicability (i.e. pre-2000 etc.), and another one shortly afterwards confirming you've been accepted to display your car, which allows you to then redeem and buy the pass. You'll get an order confirmation after paying which has the print my e-documents link in it too.

Its all a bit convoluted tbh and the separate MSV and individual track and event websites are a nightmare to navigate IMO...

richiep

Club Member
Found it, thanks Richie. It was in ‘my display vehicles’. The website is a tad pants.
Indeed. It's just plain difficult to find stuff half the time - whoever designed the MSV and related websites clearly doesn't understand the terms "intuitive" and "user-friendly"...

Tony Mc

Club Member
Has anyone actually printed their pass? Mine still says passes will be available approx 2 weeks before the event.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I've got my ticket, but not the display vehicle pass - it says the same as yours Tony.

Dale

Club Member
Same. Can’t print the pass yet. It says they will be in touch to let me know it’s ready to print.

richiep

Club Member
I’ve not actually tried printing the pass off, but normally only do that a day or two before the Gold Cup anyway. They probably don’t issue until after the club booking window closes.

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
I normally screen shot the ticket if u zoom in on the code
So u can just have it saved on tour phone :)
Upto press done this way for few years