Oulton Park Gold Cup, Aug 26th-27th official info thread

richiep

Club Member
Hi all,

This year, I've taken over the point role on organising our club attendance at the Oulton Park Gold Cup, which takes place on the August bank holiday weekend from Sat 25th to Mon 27th. We have a stand booked for the car club display days which are the Sunday and Monday, NOT the Saturday.

Places on the stand will be allocated by MSV, the organisers, on a first come, first serve basis.

Display vehicles are allocated a car specific pass and the driver gets a FREE entry ticket to the event (passengers will have to pay).

MSV have updated their ticket system, making it fully online, allowing club members to get their own tickets/passes, which will then be sent to them directly. Thus, I will not be organising tickets for people unless you really are tech illiterate!

The system requires you to create an account with MSV, which can then be used for future event booking at MSV venues. It requires you to add your personal info plus your car with registration number to your account profile, with a picture (although you can just use a generic image from Google Images or similar of a Z). Once you've created an account, you will be able to login and select attendance at The Gold Cup and select The Z Club from the drop down list of attending clubs. When confirmed, a pass and ticket will be sent to you before the event.

Go to the following link and read:
http://www.oultonparkgoldcup.com/get-involved/car-club-displays/

On that page, click on "Click here to apply now for Gold Cup"; this will take you to a login or create account page. Once logged in, you will be able to select your event (Gold Cup), what days you are attending (select "weekend" if you want Sunday and Monday, even if you aren't going on Saturday test day, when we don't have a stand), add your vehicle, and submit. Tickets will be issued as e-tickets a couple of weeks prior to the event. Postal tickets can be requested alternatively (postal charges apply).

We have 20 spaces, so don't leave it till the last minute. THE DEADLINE FOR CLUB BOOKINGS IS FRI 10th AUGUST.

This is an excellent event, as anyone who has been before can attest, and the Z Club has been very welcome there for many years now.

Any issues with booking, post here and I'll give what guidance I can.

Cheers,
Rich

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Rich, thank you for taking this on.

Folks this is a really enjoyable event - very relaxed and a beautiful undulating circuit enabling spectating from the 'stand' area.

There is always a good variety of races and Classic Car Club exhibits.

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
Great show to go to ill be booking my tickets soon and a night in a hotel again worth going we get good turnout of z

richiep

Club Member
Good stuff Dave. Did you book the way shown above though, applying for the Z Club free pass?

Plus, thread bump for everyone else thinking about going - bear in mind the cut-off for passes is AUG 10th. Also, when you request passes, you don’t just get them automatically. MSV have to approve your request and then YOU need to accept/redeem that. So it requires more than one action from you. As the main contact I can see who has signed up for the club stand passes. At the moment, only JK240 has and he’s only approved and hasn’t redeemed his pass yet.

Anyone going needs to follow the notes above and make sure they check back the day after they request to see if they’ve been approved and then redeem their passes. This very much puts the onus on individuals to get their sh*t sorted (apologies for the language!) rather than me/the club (I will also be in the US from Aug 6th for a couple of weeks, so won’t be sorting pass problems during that time).

I know the system is a bit more convoluted thanks to the MSV account system, but anyone who bought online for the Donington Historic earlier this year will have already had to create an account and that makes things quicker.

P.s. passes aren’t issued until a couple of weeks before the event but you still need to redeem them beforehand.

Last edited:

JK240

Club Member
Thanks for the reminder Rich, just completed and bought a ticket for James. See you on the Sunday :thumbs:

TimW

Club Member
I'm hoping to be there again this year. I've got the car booked in the body shop week commencing the 27th and will need to prepare it before hand so will likely come just for the Saturday. Been waiting for an empty slot at the body shop for some time, plus not sure if he wanted it on the 27th or before. I need to be flexible if they move it forward/back a few days. I should definitely know within next few days and thinking I'll come up on the bike if the Z is in the shop. Hoping to also tie up with RIDDLER again to see his P1800 and to reunite him the Z!...

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
There are no club stands on the Saturday which is qualifying only, not racing. Sunday and Monday are the days to attend.

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
Am down for the weekend booked my ticket on msv like says above just ad to log in

Just need buy a passenger ticket

richiep

Club Member
I’ve checked on the system and those who have signed up and redeemed their passes are:
Me
Jonathan Kinghorn
Chris Roberts
Christian Exley

Signed up but not redeemed pass yet:
Andy Muir

Dave P - did you buy a ticket through the standard ticketing system? Because you still aren’t showing as having claimed a free club pass and ticket...

Everyone else: you need to crack on as the club Pre-order expires MIDDAY WEDS NEXT WEEK. After that, you’ll end up paying and Club stand passes might be out of the question. Im going to the US on Saturday for two weeks so won’t be on hand to liaise with MSV about issues, so please don’t leave things too late.

WazzaJB

Club Member
I really want to come on the Monday, but not sure my car will be on the road by then as only just sending off the V55.

Do I wait or book on pre-emptively?

I've never been on a display before and not even sure my car is worthy?

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Of course it’s worth bringing it on! :)

There’s around 15 spaces left so you should be okay to book imo, and you have the best part of a month before the event.

Not worthy Warren:EXTRAlol:
Even funnier thing about that is that his car is the superb original paint persimmon red 280Z that sat next your project Dixie for the last month or so !
Richie really likes your car !

WazzaJB

Club Member
Not worthy Warren:EXTRAlol:
Even funnier thing about that is that his car is the superb original paint persimmon red 280Z that sat next your project Dixie for the last month or so !
Richie really likes your car !

I love it Chris I just don't have a fair measure of the scene yet I don't think! I'm just used to going to shows and looking at cars that are under a year old and immaculate haha.

I'm booking on! Don't need to tell me twice.

Can my passenger pay on the day?