Original tyres

cosworth415

Club Member
can anyone tell me where I can obtain tyres to suit 6j 14's looked everywhere but no luck with the speed rating.

MikeB

Well-Known Forum User
Out of interest, what were the original tyre sizes?

Were they 70 or 80 profile?

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
The asking member has a 260Z - were they 80 profile and 175 too or 185 and therefore ??? profile ?

Farmer42

Club Member
The owners manual and the Haynes manuals both say that it should be a 185 or 195/70/14 for the original wheels on a 260Z.

I have 195/70/14s on my 6j x14 wheels and anything smaller looks daft IMO. The only problem with that width is that the spare doesn't fit in the tyre well!:(

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
The owners manual and the Haynes manuals both say that it should be a 185 or 195/70/14 for the original wheels on a 260Z.

I have 195/70/14s on my 6j x14 wheels and anything smaller looks daft IMO. The only problem with that width is that the spare doesn't fit in the tyre well!:(

You don't need a spare - it slows you down ;)

cosworth415

Club Member
Thanks for the link, wanna keep the wolfrace slots like I remember Z's, just gotta work out the spare problem now ?

Farmer42

Club Member
You don't need a spare - it slows you down ;)

Don't really go fast enough to make any difference:unsure: especially with the wife & kids in the car - the joys of having a 2+2!

Not a big fan of the mousse - have used it before and it makes a mess of the inside of your wheels when the tyre comes off. Most tyre fitters will curse when they replace them. Plus it didn't work very well.

Most good tyre dealers should be able to get hold of 195/70/14's. I managed to pick up a couple really easily from my local tyre fitters.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Or fit a spare get-you-home 280ZX in the well.
Remember though that the tyre will be 30 odd years old and do you want to chance this happening to it as you are driving along

spare%20wheel_zpsoq1bznew.jpg

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I run 195 70 14 Michelins - ATS euromaster at a very decent price.

Stockdale

Club Member
My car runs on 205x60 R15 (early Wolfrace) and the spare is 14" but of original profile. The rolling diameter of both is the same so fine as an emergency spare. Certainly better than relying on a Moose! :eek:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I was referring to the first post Rob from Cosworth 415 :

can anyone tell me where I can obtain tyres to suit 6j 14's looked everywhere but no luck with the speed rating.