Original block number

grb184

Club Member
All

Was wondering if there is any way to find out what the original engine block number was for a car from its VIN number and or registration number, I know the block was replaced in mine with an L28 block because it had a crack by the PO as he told me that, but the original E88 head was used. What I would like to do (just as a matter of academic interest) is to try find the original block number if possible.

Thanks
Graham

8658kv

Club Member
All

Was wondering if there is any way to find out what the original engine block number was for a car from its VIN number and or registration number, I know the block was replaced in mine with an L28 block because it had a crack by the PO as he told me that, but the original E88 head was used. What I would like to do (just as a matter of academic interest) is to try find the original block number if possible.

Thanks
Graham
Hi Graham

If you send me the VIN (via PM) . I maybe able to help if Nissan imported.

Should also be on the chassis plate under the bonnet, next to the L26.plate below for a 240z in the same place though.

Attachments

• 2A723E01-DAD2-4260-BE54-56ED5A8440E8.jpeg
    2A723E01-DAD2-4260-BE54-56ED5A8440E8.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 14

grb184

Club Member
Hi Graham

If you send me the VIN (via PM) . I maybe able to help if Nissan imported.

Should also be on the chassis plate under the bonnet, next to the L26.plate below for a 240z in the same place though.
Oops - It appears I can't for some reason start a conversation with you