Opinions on rear control arms

BenjEtch

Club Member
Hi all, looking to upgrade my rear control arms on the Z, I know T3 have a good kit, however, I have also found this kit from Silver Project, any opinions? The silver project kit is considerably cheaper and you can get a full front and rear kit for the price of the T3 setup, however, never heard of the brand before. I'm UK based also!

Silver Project Rear Arms:
Silver Project Front & Rear Arms:

T3 Rear Arm Kit:

Thanks in advance!

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Silverproject have been around for quite a long time, I've looked at their engine mounts a few times. But I don't think I know anyone with their parts.
anyone?

Kieronpollock

Club Member
Hi all, looking to upgrade my rear control arms on the Z, I know T3 have a good kit, however, I have also found this kit from Silver Project, any opinions? The silver project kit is considerably cheaper and you can get a full front and rear kit for the price of the T3 setup, however, never heard of the brand before. I'm UK based also!

Silver Project Rear Arms:
Silver Project Front & Rear Arms:

T3 Rear Arm Kit:

Thanks in advance!
Ben, I’ve just bought T3 rear control arms to go with the rest of the T3 rear suspension I inherited with the car. The car came with a set of California Datsun RCAs which I then found out were not compatible with T3 kit (but are compatible with stock suspension). I’ll be visiting the garage soon to pick them up and sell them. These may be an option for you, and if so just email me privately.
Getting back to your question, I also did research on the Silver Project arms (Easter European I think) and also buying stock reproduction ones from Zcardepot. My findings were that they are cheaper due to quality of material used. You also need to consider whether you want bushes or rose joints on your suspension as T3 are rose joints. In the end I made up my mind that if I wanted to go with something other than T3 it would have been the RCAs from Zcardepot

Kieronpollock

Club Member
They look like they are, appears to have an inner/outer threaded stock adjuster with a pinch bolt to secure

On a purely personal note, I wouldn't have them anywhere near my car
I agree with you (I’m using T3 ones on my resto) but would be interesting to know your reasons

SacCyclone

Club Member
I have the T3's on my car for about 6 years and they work a treat. Many track days and some street time, never any problems.
Mike

IMG_8573.JPG

BenjEtch

Club Member
I have the T3's on my car for about 6 years and they work a treat. Many track days and some street time, never any problems.
Mike

View attachment 49452
The T3 kit do look better made! Is there a gap between the arm and the strut - can't see whether they're washers in between? Also, I presume you don't need the spindle locking bolt as the T3 kit comes with its own bolt?

Thanks

SacCyclone

Club Member
There are washers to position the rear hub assembly correctly in the wheel well.
Pic of the rears and fronts....T3

IMG_8572.JPGIMG_8580.JPGIMG_8583.JPG

Last edited:

Ian

Club Member
Given the amount of rally, autocross and 500+hp S30s running the T3 arms without problem I would say they are well tested to hold up to the use.