Ok I know for a fact......

Mr HollowPoint

Well-Known Forum User
..... that there are loads of Z owners in Yorkshire and surrounding areas, so where are they all? I'd love to start attending some club meets, I've only managed 2 shows and not managed to find a single meet since I bought the car last September.

Come on people, if you're in Yorkshire or anywhere near by, stick your orr in here!

Mr HollowPoint

Well-Known Forum User
Yeah we usually attend that tbh, I assume you mean the Jap meet, as opposed to a Z meet? We missed it last month, think it's next Tuesday isn't it? I'd completely forgotten about it because it was a couple of months ago we last went :D

martinmac

Inactive
There are also regular meets in the NE and quite a few in Manchester area so plenty yo keep you going. If you fancy one somewhere ales just shout and i will post it on the other forums.

Mr HollowPoint

Well-Known Forum User
Well there are a whole bunch of members in South and East Yorkshire, so it sorta makes sense to have a regular meet over this way. I mean there are 3 in my house alone, then there's one I know of down in Gainsborough, not that far away, a guy just bought a yellow one and lives 2 villages away from us, there's a guy with a Red 240 who seems to be at a local car dealership a lot, then there's at least another 6 that I know about in Doncaster, there are 2 I know about in Rotherham, 4 or 5 in Sheffield, at least 2 or 3 Z's I know about in Nottingham too, which is definitely not a million miles from here, plenty over Hull and York way, it's like Z central in South & East Yorkshire / North Lincs / Notts. Surely we should be able to sort something out on a regular basis for ALL THOSE Z's to come together? lol

Mr HollowPoint

Well-Known Forum User
Well Doncaster is relatively central and has great motorway links (M62, M18, M1, A1, M180), any other suggestions of places that are central enough to generate a larger scale meet (i.e. more people attend because it's close enough to attend for them) are appreciated.

Mr HollowPoint

Well-Known Forum User
Yeah, that is over an hour from me though, so will be even longer for those in Hull, York, etc. which might be an issue. When is the Calverton meet? I'm interested in going. Am also still interested in sorting something out around here though, Leeds is an hour from Doncaster, so is Hull/York/Grimsby/Cleethorpes etc. if maybe just over an hour, but with good roads. Same for the Lake district I would think? Lincoln, Derby etc. all about an hour from here. As much as I hate Doncaster, it's like a transport hub and is right in the middle :D

Arkwright

Inactive
The evening meet has now changed to an afternoon meet from 3pm on the second sunday of each month. I will post an improved thread shortly but we get 350Z members from Derbys, Lincs Rotherham and somewhere called Doncaster which is not too far north of us (about 3/4 hr I guess).

Mr HollowPoint

Well-Known Forum User
Doncaster is where Open all hours was filmed! :D I used to live round the corner from the shop they used to film it :)

I'll be happy to attend afternoon meets on a Sunday all the way down there in Nott-ing-ham :D