Oil pressure Gauge not working

Kieronpollock

Club Member
Hi all My oil pressure meter is proving temperamental so thinking of moving to a mechanical oil pressure gauge for piece of mind. Can anyone suggest a good set up e.g. what fitting I use to replace the electronic sensor in the block or a suitable set up to run both gauges. Thanks in advance

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
What is temperamental about it Kieron? just reading low at idle? that's a standard feature :D

moggy240

Staff member
Club Member
Kits used to be readily available on ebay but not easy to find these days. I used to run a mechanical one and the original one using a t piece.

Kieronpollock

Club Member
Latest update - both oil and temp have been fine, then this week oil was fine but temp sat at zero for a while even after 10 mins of warming up, then suddenly rose up Then on last run went out and during drive both gauges dropped to zero moved up again then dropped back down and stayed there. Disconnected battery then restarted car later and nothing from either gauge.
Newly rebuilt engine so want to get oil pressure up and running hence thought best to add in a mechanical gauge irrespective of whether I can get the stock gauges up and running. I can only assume I have a wiring issue

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
maybe they share a fuse? is your fuse box new? those old glass fuses can be corroded internally so look ok but aren't.

Kieronpollock

Club Member
Complete new set of fuses plus all components were working as part of wiring review during rebuild. Fuel gauge works and on the same common fuse so it’s not the fuse. My research tonight has found the gauges share an internal voltage regulator that may have given up the ghost after being asked to work following nearly 40 years of hibernation 😂
Getting a solution may be some way off hence when trying to source correct parts for mechanical oil pressure gauge so I can drive knowing my pressure is good, and will probably keep in place once I get the gauges issue sorted

moggy240

Staff member
Club Member
Car Builder Solutions have gauges and oil lines with different fittings that should do the job.