Oh S**t

highway star

Well-Known Forum User
:banghead: can't believe what ive just done.I've just replaced the bonnet catch - the part that fits on the body, but forgot to reconnect the cable and i've closed the bonnet and now i can't open it...what on earth am i gonna do?

highway star

Well-Known Forum User
what if i was to undo the hinge bolts. would it be possible to lift the bonnet up high enough for me to squeeze under and undo the part that bolts onto the bonnet? anyone reckon that's dooable? desperate times...

mattbibbey

Well-Known Forum User
I think you'd be running the risk of bending things that won't take too kindly to bending. I'm afraid I can't help here. I'm sure somebody will have done this before.....

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
Attacking from underneath the car is probably the way to go, I have to admit not quite sure how. Possibly get the front jacked up high reaching up might be possible.

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Got caught like this some years ago when the swaged lead bullet came off the cable
I jacked the cars front end as high as I could, got it on to high axel stands and got underneath with a telescopic paint roller handle and managed to frig the mechanism, took a little trial and error but it worked

highway star

Well-Known Forum User
wow thanks for the advice especially candy red i'll give that a go. just as well Datsun provided an access hole underneath, it's like they anticipated plonkers like me!!

status

Well-Known Forum User
Is it a rust hole. A fishing rod stand might be long and strong enough to get up there,good luck

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Dude, I'm breathing a sigh of relief for you - very well done!!!

As Skiddell said, my first thought was what happens if the cable snapped and surely this HAS happened before!!

Very pleased for you mate! Big pat on back and relax :D

Ali K