oh crap

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
Great intentions started Sat morning with a call to Status to meet en-route to Z fest. A trip to the hand car wash was needed, car running sweet on arrival. 4 Blokes washing the car whilst it was ticking over, me about 10 feet away and an almighty rattle followed by a rather large bang came from the engine bay. On spinning over it sounds like a rod has let go........oh bowlucks!!!:(

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
Why would a rod let go ? It was new a year ago.

Dunno, aint got the motor out yet, sounds pretty terminal mind. The sound is to heavy for a main or big end. Checked clutch and flywheel still on all nice n tight via starter hole. Thump from bottom end and compression on all 6 so suspecting a con rod bolt or summink.....

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Sh*t !

It's a bit pussy all the same that it lets go at tickover whilst being pampered by strangers instead of 6000+ head to head with some modern shite sportscar who's underestimated your shiny gold wheels........

zpuppy

Well-Known Forum User
Jeez,, and here I was feeling down cus we missed zedfest for work commitments !:eek: So sorry Grolls, Hope it's not terminal, and now we live kinda close Im willing to lend a hand if needed :cool::driving:

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
well if you happen to have an engine hoist in ya back pocket it would be of help:driving:

Ian Patmore

Well-Known Forum User
Sorry to hear this Grolls, if you need a "spanner holder" let me know. Be interested to know what let go...I have spare L28 rods and crank if you need....

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
Sorry to hear this Grolls, if you need a "spanner holder" let me know. Be interested to know what let go...I have spare L28 rods and crank if you need....

Cheers for the offer Ian, the motor is ready to come out, I just need a hoist now....

zpuppy

Well-Known Forum User
offer still stands wif me as well Grolls,,but no luck on the hoist I'm afraid:( Last time I needed one I used a rental,,,HSS if I remember properly, wasn't bad about £75 for a week I think? Although you can buy one for about double that from Sealey. dont the club have a membership thing wif them?
:cool:

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
all offers greatly accepted especially money.....:lol: I will try and get the engine out next weekend and let you know what failed