Offering / Asking for an occasional extra pair of hands

Immunis

Forum User
I am getting my 260Z (2 seater) back on the road after a few years laid up and am trying to do as much by myself rather than use garages this time around. I am fairly mechanically minded (engineering degree) but lack much in the way of practical experience with fixing cars.

Both I and the car are located in central Birmingham (near Edgbaston reservoir) but my garage is very narrow which make some jobs a right pain and the driveway is sloped which stops me from wanting to use that as a work space.

Anyway, to the point of the message, if you are Birmingham based and need an extra pair of hands for some jobs and can also help me occasionally then please get in contact.
I am willing to get experience of working on any type of car as it is all transferable to some extent.

Also if you know anywhere that rents out cheap workshop space in or near Birmingham then I would be interested.

Julian

Mr.G

Club Member
Hi Julian,

Not in Birmingham, but if you get stuck and need an extra pair of hands give me a shout and I'll see if can help.

datsfun

Club Member
I am getting my 260Z (2 seater) back on the road after a few years laid up and am trying to do as much by myself rather than use garages this time around. I am fairly mechanically minded (engineering degree) but lack much in the way of practical experience with fixing cars.

Both I and the car are located in central Birmingham (near Edgbaston reservoir) but my garage is very narrow which make some jobs a right pain and the driveway is sloped which stops me from wanting to use that as a work space.

Anyway, to the point of the message, if you are Birmingham based and need an extra pair of hands for some jobs and can also help me occasionally then please get in contact.
I am willing to get experience of working on any type of car as it is all transferable to some extent.

Also if you know anywhere that rents out cheap workshop space in or near Birmingham then I would be interested.

Julian

Thats a great offer. Is your 260Z...KDJ 9**P by any chance?

BTW My mate resides in Walsall and has a 240Z - will ask him to exchange details with you ;)

datsfun

Club Member
Datsfun

My car is GJA***N, I will be happy to hear from your friend in Walsall.

Julian

Cool will ask him to follow this thread...KDJ was my old 260Z which was sold to a chap from B'ham as well, so I thought that perhaps it was the old car;)