Not Red

Russ

Club Member
You haven't put your membership no in your profile as per the instructions, I'll do it for you now.

Russ

Club Member
Errr you're not in our member database either, I'll get in touch with Steve (Neil is on holiday) and fix that for you asap.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
I don't have a membership number and what instructions?

Hi Gezz
When a user pays by paypal they turn red automaticly whether they have had a membership number allocated or not as the membership secretary would not have had time to process this We are now trying show new members as temp instead of a membership number untill the membership secretary proceesses new members wit a correct membership number

You asking about the instructions being shown is a good point

WE now have almost got the combined off-line data base and the online data base tied in together (This has been a nightmare to try and do)
The big problem we have/had is that the club has been in existence for 30years and was a non website based club with all our members on an old style database then along came the internet and we now still have at least a third of our members without access to a computer

About 18 months ago we asked internet members to enter their membership numbers together with their post code in their profile ( the post code can only be seen by committee members and admins to protect security) in an attempt to make the linking go smoothly when we managed to sort out how to do it

The point you raise about detail instructions are a very valid point and we now need to do an automatic instruction to notify new members of what they need to do

Of course it would be so simple now days if you start a club as it would be an internet based club, as oposed to an old style club, without the need for an offline databse as it would all be done on-line

I hope that helps to clarify the situation

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
My z

aS LONG AS MY Z'S STILL RED, I'm as happy as happy can be...infact even happier than when I got married,or was set up for marrige by my mother in law,(the orangatang) :D DJZ 60.:cool::thumbs:

Nidge74

New Forum User
Hi Gezz
When a user pays by paypal they turn red automaticly whether they have had a membership number allocated or not as the membership secretary would not have had time to process this We are now trying show new members as temp instead of a membership number untill the membership secretary proceesses new members wit a correct membership number

You asking about the instructions being shown is a good point

WE now have almost got the combined off-line data base and the online data base tied in together (This has been a nightmare to try and do)
The big problem we have/had is that the club has been in existence for 30years and was a non website based club with all our members on an old style database then along came the internet and we now still have at least a third of our members without access to a computer

About 18 months ago we asked internet members to enter their membership numbers together with their post code in their profile ( the post code can only be seen by committee members and admins to protect security) in an attempt to make the linking go smoothly when we managed to sort out how to do it

The point you raise about detail instructions are a very valid point and we now need to do an automatic instruction to notify new members of what they need to do

Of course it would be so simple now days if you start a club as it would be an internet based club, as oposed to an old style club, without the need for an offline databse as it would all be done on-line

I hope that helps to clarify the situation

It really didn't help that this all went ahead when I was on holiday. :unsure:

Glad to see things moving along nicely though.

Now I need to get my act together and get things sorted from my end.

Welcome Gezz,

Russ

Club Member
It really didn't help that this all went ahead when I was on holiday. :unsure:

Mate I did you a huge favour, otherwise you'd be hassled every 15 mins! lol, it's all gravy, it was always gonna be a bit of fixing to get it started, but now we're there it'll be ok. I had to do it last week or it wouldn't get done for ages, it's been long enough coming as it is :)