Northern Half way house

Seikoking

Well-Known Forum User
I could be up for that. Maybe we need a location map of those interested to figure out the most central area.

richiep

Club Member
The Nags Head ceased to be the Nags Head a million years ago! It’s the Cheshire Lounge, and is pretty crappy really. Not been in ages; it was shut for a period during and after the construction of the new A556 bypass. I’d recommend looking at alternatives.

Somewhere on my personal list of to dos was getting an area meet going again. The last one died off years ago due to cars off the road, venue issues, and timing - a Weds evening just didn’t work for people anymore. If we restart them, it should be a Sunday morning or lunchtime through spring to autumn. And on some occasions replace the normal fixed location with a drive to somewhere specific, maybe?

I’ll get back to doing some venue research in the area.

Matt Berry

Club Member
There’s a place called “Caffeine and machine” near Stratford - upon - Avon. Always full of a good mix of different cars on a weekend. Could be a good location for a weekend trip. It’s kind of central as well which should help!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Matt, that location is too far for the Cheshire Plainz guys. I think they are trying to arrange regular local meets.

Mr Ex Jnr is based near Huddersfield so he already has to travel a long way to meet up with the Cheshire guys.

Matt Berry

Club Member
Matt, that location is too far for the Cheshire Plainz guys. I think they are trying to arrange regular local meets.

Mr Ex Jnr is based near Huddersfield so he already has to travel a long way to meet up with the Cheshire guys.

Ah, no worries. I was just putting it out there, more in reply to Seikokung’s message saying about a location map and a central area.

richiep

Club Member
When Seikoking said central, he was talking about within the Northwest! He's local to this area too. :)

Generally, the Cheshire Plainz meets tried to stick to somewhere in Cheshire that was close-ish to the M6 and allowed relatively easy access from both North (Lancs) and Midlands (Staffs, Derbyshire, etc.).

Pondo

Club Member
There’s a place called “Caffeine and machine” near Stratford - upon - Avon. Always full of a good mix of different cars on a weekend. Could be a good location for a weekend trip. It’s kind of central as well which should help!

Matt maybe that’s another thread as I would definitely be up for a meet @ Caffine and machine and I can think of one or two others as well.

Matt Berry

Club Member
Matt maybe that’s another thread as I would definitely be up for a meet @ Caffine and machine and I can think of one or two others as well.

Cool, I’ll start up another thread to see if we can get a few up there. Wouldn’t be for a little while though as my car is still a little way off being finished :(

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Cool, I’ll start up another thread to see if we can get a few up there. Wouldn’t be for a little while though as my car is still a little way off being finished :(
Doesn't mean you can't organise it for the rest of us! [emoji23]