North East - GTR Heritage Centre open day

AD240Z

Club Member
It’s all a bit prospective I guess at the moment - but if this happens later in summer - I d be trying to go.

Just putting it on the radar .

I called in there one day on the off chance just to see if they would be interested on working on my z . Guys there were very welcoming - gave me a tour of the workshop and a chat .

D9766366-7938-4858-A1DE-A702CB6345FB.jpeg

Robbie J

Club Member
I know Dave from the GTR forum/club he's got a nice setup and good access to parts. He buys all the bits on the forum and resells them for the GTR 32> but has been doing more classics the last 7 years...

spent a JAE next to him on the campsite few years back, we sank a few, well worth a visit if it happens

richiep

Club Member
If you are talking about their C10, I doubt it - they've always been clear its a KGC10 GTX, and it's badged as a GT-"Kai". The C110 doesn't have any badging. There's several other C10s knocking about, one or two of which are sporting GT-R emblems, as per the Japanese trend...

Robbie J

Club Member
true on NMUK but most of EMEA Nissan is just as bad, at Le Mans one year we did 4 corrections to their picture wall in their hospitality with a black marker (they were not happy) .. I think he got the plates from Nissan stand at GFS so he might have used again... he can stretch the truth sometimes

true on NMUK but most of EMEA Nissan is just as bad, at Le Mans one year we did 4 corrections to their picture wall in their hospitality with a black marker (they were not happy) .. I think he had the similar plates made up well before GFS so he might have used again... he can stretch the truth most of the time

EFA.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User

This 'information' board was next to the car:

20160624_084754.jpg

...much of which is utter nonsense. "Variable ratio steering"? The data is a jumble of stock GT/GTX and GT-R figures, and the "modified for racing from new" bit makes a great fishing story. Still, there's no business like showbusiness...

NMC UK's press department was much better when Terry Steeden was at the helm.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Following footsteps of trend started elsewhere...

Like Cortina GTs wearing Lotus badges?

Stop me if you've heard this more than 100 times: I have NO problem at all with replicas, 'tributes', lookalikes, 'evocations' or whatever people want to call them this week. No problem at all. I'm all in favour of it.

But it all starts to get messy when slightly over-enthusiastic builders/owners start believing their own press, and leading other people up the garden path with them.

Robbie J

Club Member
This 'information' board was next to the car:

View attachment 40340

...much of which is utter nonsense. "Variable ratio steering"? The data is a jumble of stock GT/GTX and GT-R figures, and the "modified for racing from new" bit makes a great fishing story. Still, there's no business like showbusiness...

NMC UK's press department was much better when Terry Steeden was at the helm.
yes, Terry is a top bloke!