Comments are interesting again.

Great colour.
Yeah, but what colour is it, this
15621840558495d565ef6IMG_0076.jpg

or this,

1972_datsun_240z_1560378695d565ef66e7dff9fDSC01206-e1562276180977.jpeg

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
Ah yes, a deal breaker. You've now cancelled your bid I presume?
Never said it was. I've just pointed out that the left rear bumper section is squint, I have made no comment as to whether I think it's important, irrrelevant or otherwise, you are the one making the presumptions.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Never said it was. I've just pointed out that the left rear bumper section is squint, I have made no comment as to whether I think it's important, irrrelevant or otherwise, you are the one making the presumptions.

Spotted any creased or baggy vinyl yet?

#crumplegate

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Do you really want to go there? I guess it would get you away from the mess you've got yourself into here.

What mess?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I honestly don't know what way your comments want to take us. There's nothing dodgy about the paint on the car and it's just one of those colours that looks different depending on lighting and CCD, just like #920 Safari Gold.

Now you change focus (although the pixels can't cope) to the rear bumper, but what does "squint" mean in this context? Do you want to point out that the bumper is not mounted correctly, or that the rubber trim is p*ssed?

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
You're just making stuff up now. I never said that there was anything dodgy about the paint, I made a comment about the different colours in the pics and fully explained this in my next post 'a light hearted reference to 'photoshop filter culture'. I never ever said there was anything 'dodgy' about the paint. The only reason that I ' changed focus' as you call it was that I had fully explained my point about the colour so it was no longer relevant to the discussion. The point about the bumper was in reply to your statement 'Is that all you've got on it', you asked a question, I gave a reply, what's the problem. You're the expert you tell me whether it's the mounting or the rubber or the camera angle.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Lets not make things personal fellas - keep discussion on the car please.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
...I made a comment about the different colours in the pics and fully explained this in my next post 'a light hearted reference to 'photoshop filter culture'.

So you think one or both of the photos in your first post have been photoshopped, or what? I'm saying it's just an awkward colour, differing conditions and - more technically - camera can't cope.

Pete said:
You're the expert you tell me whether it's the mounting or the rubber or the camera angle.

Quite likely all three, but if you go round any of these cars - including the so-called 'Franklin Mint Car' that sold for a high price on Bring a Trailer a few weeks back - you can find all sorts of stuff to nitpick.

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
So you think one or both of the photos in your first post have been photoshopped, or what? I'm saying it's just an awkward colour, differing conditions and - more technically - camera can't cope.
I think the second picture I posted has been filtered/enhanced by software, I think the first pic is probably a more accurate reflection of the colour. Please note I'm not implying that this filtering/enhancment has been done to deceive, only that it is an increasingly 'fashionable' way of presenting images of cars.

Quite likely all three, but if you go round any of these cars - including the so-called 'Franklin Mint Car' that sold for a high price on Bring a Trailer a few weeks back - you can find all sorts of stuff to nitpick.
I wasn't nitpicking, I was answering your question.

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
So post #6 in this thread was an answer to a question?

What was the answer again?
The answer in post 6 was 'the left rear bumper section is squint' (Well, implied by this pic),
index.php

in reply to your ' is that all you've got on it?' post 3.

Last edited:

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
So you were nitpicking.

Which is perfectly fine, by the way. We just need to be reasonable and pragmatic.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
And by the way, I reckon the dropped shadow of the bumper is not helping matters. The resolution of the photo is too low to be sure of anything except the vital missing component...