Noob With an old Lady from Ireland

Taz_20v

New Forum User
Hey everyone came across the site via a google search seams like a lot of info here so I've decided to join
Myself and my Girlfriends father decided to buy one of our dream projects inJanuary of this year a 1976 Datsun 260 z 2+2 and we are currently in the slow tough process of restoring her.
The car is an original 5 speed Manual 2.6 L26 RHD Irish/uk spec model but is in a troubled state as there is much rust and lots of work to do
We have restored many cars together before but this one I'm looking forward to the most as its one of my dream cars to own since I first saw one.
Heres some pics of the car from the day of purchase back in January,lots has happened since then but maybe I will start a restoration thread on here and keep you guys updated

MikeB

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Taz

Certainly looks like a project :)

Welcome along, there are a few of us Irish guys here, from both sides of the Border. Looking forward to seeing the up-dates ;)

andrew muir

Club Member
Welcome and good luck,
Restored a 2+2 about 3 years ago, parts are hard to get!
It will need a lot of fabrication but anything is possible!!:thumbs:

toopy

Club Member
Blimey, another 2+2, thats 3 or 4 so far this year that people are restoring

Not that many years ago you could'nt give these cars away! nice to see them getting the love and attention they deserve :D

I thought mine was rotten, but what people are taking on these days is a real eye opener

The best of luck with it :thumbs:

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I admire your ability to do such things.

The tow bar though HAS to go!!! ;)

Farmer42

Club Member
Welcome to ZClub. Nice to see another 2+2 owner.

I doesn't look as bad as some I have seen. Does it run? A lot of the rust seems to be superficial on your pics so where is the major stuff? What is the interior like e.g seats etc?

As far as parts go, they are generally more difficult to get hold of than the 2 seaters but not impossible. Panels may be your biggest problem especially the rear quarters.

Mike Feeney at MJP auto can get a lot of what you might need and there are other parts places in the States such as Black Dragon or Z Car Source.

Good luck. It will be worth it in the end!

spitdigger

Club Member
Another 2+2 resto - as the others have said welcome. Keep posting, work in progress updates are as interesting shiny finished shots.

Jeff