non members

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
when i looked just now i saw 20 non members in the site.rather alot of people the club miss out on,can russ put up a "click here to join, pop up sign " and an easy to fill out aplication for with a tried and tested procedure, only cos when i joined it took half a dozen e mails and a few phone calls to get sorted. ta:p

ZHead

Well-Known Forum User
Grolls - I am a "non Z Club" member - have filled the form in, Steve rang me a while later because his firewall ate the form. When he rang I had to go. Promised to ring him back but not got round to it yet.

A shopping cart for membership with online payment would have meant I would have paid and joined ages ago.

Well spotted. Good Idea

zedache

Well-Known Forum User
Agreed - at the moment all you have to do is to fill in the application form on line, print it off and send it in the post with a cheque. Easy enough - but being very lazy it took me three attempts over two years to actually do it!

If there was an on line payment facility I may have been tempted much sooner. However there may be costs in running this service - anyone know?

Cheers
:)

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
The term" non member " on the forum or "guest" relates to "forum" membership.
Paid up Z Club membership is separate and at present there is no way of knowing whether a "forum" member is a Z Club member,unless the member puts on his No.
I agree with you that we should try to get as many "Z Club members as possible and anything that makes this easier is to be welcomed, provided it doesnt make another task for our already overworked Exec Committee Club members.
I think though that we just have to accept the fact that the majority of "forum" members are never going to be "Z Club" members.

ZHead

Well-Known Forum User
I take that as a personal challenge PMAC and will ring Steve and sort it !!! (hanging my head a little) :)

Zbirdy

Well-Known Forum User
I think that anyone who wants to participate should be a damn member, get real you skint flints.

ZHead

Well-Known Forum User
You missed the point ZBirdy - it is not lack of willingness to pay at all, it is the ease of doing it.

Helpful comment though *^$^%&**

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
No No Zhead, not a personal nudge at all, but Im still glad your joining.
Since this forum is in a public space on the web we are always going to have a majority of non paying members, for a variety of reasons.
The real issue for the Z Club and its paid up membership is this:-
Is the club going to continue to provide this excellent facility to the whole world out of its own (not to deep) pocket.

Zbirdy

Well-Known Forum User
Yes I understand what your saying, but if a service or product is available for free, then plenty of people will gladly take whats on offer, which is good in one respect, dont get me wrong, cos i didnt even know it was available to non club members (thick eh, but honest), the thing is I joined the club when I was only considering buying a z, (I still dont have my car yet) why not make these pages privvy to those who are paying members. Whats the problem.

Zbirdy

Well-Known Forum User
Sorry, Im not being personal to anyone who has had difficulty in gaining membership, or like, just that i think its fairer if everyone paid their dues. Am I still missing the point? If so I'l shuddup.

ZHead

Well-Known Forum User
pmac - was tongue in cheek rising to the challenge, I did not for one minute think you were taking a pop at me - As a "free" resource this forum has been an excellent and very valued source of information for me, I have on numerous occasions genuinely thanked people for their guidance.

I am not sure "membership policing" is a good idea because it is likely to disuade interested but unsure people from moving forward into the Z world. Seeing the pictures again, hearing the banter, picking up on characters etc showed me that there was still a thriving little Z community going on in the UK and helped fire my enthusiasm. Without access to the forum who knows, I may have even bought another German car :)

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
My 'Personal' belief ,is that access denied would, reduce the growth of in looker's on the forum thereby reducing growth in
membership. The Z Club is not only surviving,but it is thriving,
growing & is a club which is talked about, as one,that has got it's
agenda,& ingredient's in order.
" If you lock the door's of a Hotel,Who's going to book to stay there? The answer may be in highlighting,non registered member's so they stand out like a Z at Billing.
P.s. ZHead,If you have further problem's,with the membership
application,which you should'nt.
Youre more than welcome to share mine,as you are in my eye's
A Zed loving, in on the forum, guy who I welcome As I do other's.
Z-birdy, slow down on the post's mate, I want to stay at the
top for atleast two day's.......regard's to all ...DJZ 60.

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
Guests can't post on the forum but can only read the threads.If they don't want to register on this site, it's unlikely they'll want to join the Z Club either!
A lot of these Guests are probably just web surfers, who have just happened by the site or general lurkers!
Cheerz,
JEZ

ZHead

Well-Known Forum User
Lurkers - very scary word conjuring up all sorts of dark, twisted characters. Maybe we should entice them in, they would fit in well :)

Russ

Club Member
Right.

Online payments, all well and good but they aren't that straightforward to set up and manage. I suppose a paypal system would work but again I'm not the membership secretary.

As for getting forum users to join we do think about this a lot. We are going to try to use the leverage of the club magazine as a start. I'd like to offer paid up members more advantages of the website, like only paid up people can use the gallery or get access to specific areas etc, but this involves maintenance of an online database of who is a paid up member, has their membership expired etc. Again I'm not the membership secretary so I'm not to do this, but he is already v busy maintaining the 700 or so memberships we have so I can't see he'd want more on his plate.

I think members should just bully non members by pm and interrupting threads into joining :D

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Exactly. DJZ 60: is abbreviation for "DO JOIN ZCLUB" 60 quid or
else 60 feet below water,on the kent coast.

Will I get paid? or atleast add some post's to my current
accumulation,because Z-Birdy is catching up fast........DJZ 60.