No big deal but odd - query about owners manual for convertible

NeilMH

Forum User
I picked up my 05 350Z convertible today - as good as I hoped it would be.

However, one odd thing is that the owners manual contains nothing about the roof operation.

It is obvious how it works and it does indeed work fine - but it seemed strange not being in there.

Was there only ever a Coupe version of the manual?

Thanks.

Neil

Arkwright

Inactive
you have yet to learn the art of translating English thinking to Japanese thinking (or vice versa) try section 3 - 19 OPENING THE TOP then CLOSING THE TOP. All is revealed.

I have learned that it's best not to open the roof when it's very cold or wet. I always get the cabin up to hot and ensure the roof is dry before lowering especially in winter.

Last edited by a moderator:

NeilMH

Forum User
Not in mine it isn't . 3.19 is Voice commands for hands free mode!

I've now been through the whole manual and nothing about tops, opening or closing. Looks like I have a rogue manual.

The other thing I think I've discovered about the roof is that if there is too much backward pressure on the passenger seat (ooh er missus) then it won't close properly. Or maybe my roof has been overtaken by an alien force.....

N

NeilMH

Forum User
I've just worked it out. The manual is dated April 2004 on the back. Unless I am much mistaken the Convertible didn't come out till 2005. So it looks like the proper manual has gone awol at some point.

Thanks anyway.

N

PS. I've now found a PDF of the right manual on the net. All sorted.

Last edited by a moderator: