Nissan Sunny Pickup

Dale

Club Member
I'm a huge fan of the old Datsun/Nissan pickups and have fancied one myself for a while.

I've got this really cool B122 in my garage at the moment, storing it for a fellow ZClub member. I'm tempted to not answer the door when he comes to collect! :D

2014f3aa3657c697edcbc23ad2e41b46_zps9f85f075.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Dale

Club Member
Not a lot say really. It's a recent import from Japan, not registered yet. A good clean example although the brown and tired interior will need sorting.

It could also do with some kind of cover for the back for keeping stuff dry...

Question. Square plates at the front are legal for imported cars, aren't they?

datsfun

Club Member
Dale, I meant spill the beans re the new owner. I know quite abit about this car right from the moment it was bought in japan..great buy :)

Dale

Club Member
Oh I see, lol. It must be small world this importing business.

It's been bought by Kevin Kay. He obviously needs something old to drive while he's restoring his Zed ;)

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I now have garage envy, esp with the huge screen showing the footie!!

Nice man cave Dale :thumbs:

Ali K

zNathan

Well-Known Forum User
Hehe I saw this up for sale not long ago, both when it was up for sale from Japan and then UK once it had been imported. Was really tempting! Glad to see someone on here has got it, will love to see how it ends up :)

Pleeeaaaasseeee make it into a Hakotora!!!! :D

grahamjc

Well-Known Forum User
Anyone know of a place in the UK that supplies these kits? I know of one, have asked for a price on multiple occasions, but never gotten anywhere.

datsfun

Club Member
Anyone know of a place in the UK that supplies these kits? I know of one, have asked for a price on multiple occasions, but never gotten anywhere.

Graham, AFAIK there are no retailers outside Japan with the kit. I believe GTR shop was planning on selling the kit at one stage..

If you are really keen, drop me a PM as a good friend will be reproducing this kit in Carbon Fibre shortly and he supplies worldwide:)

grahamjc

Well-Known Forum User
Graham, AFAIK there are no retailers outside Japan with the kit. I believe GTR shop was planning on selling the kit at one stage..

If you are really keen, drop me a PM as a good friend will be reproducing this kit in Carbon Fibre shortly and he supplies worldwide:)

Great, will send a PM now... GTR Shop are the guys I have tried to get prices out of, but they also wont let me just buy the kit and get it fitted myself. They have to do the fitting as well.

Dale

Club Member
Pleeeaaaasseeee make it into a Hakotora!!!! :D

I think it will be remaining fairly 'as is' and I probably agree. I love the Hakotora style, but not sure on a truck.

But, unfortunately, it's not my truck so I can't say for certain how it will end up, but there was consideration on a BRE paint job like my garage wall :cool::)

sunnytr1.jpg