Nissan Experience - Donington

grahamjc

Well-Known Forum User
Well noticed a few Zs (old and new variety), so just wondering who got photos and videos??? Darrens car in person is just fantastic!!

I didnt get many photos, but I have a few videos from the passenger laps
smile.gif
Had a great day, managed 4 sessions of 25, 30, 40 & 40 minutes... Went out so quickly in the morning that I forgot to setup the cameras so only have video from the next 3 sessions. Had some "moments" which were fun
smile.gif

Here is a screen grab from the GoPro video, just need to edit and cut the videos up
grin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

darren-b

Well-Known Forum User
Hey Graham

Nice to finally meet you on Saturday, it was a cracking day with lots going on & plenty of great examples new & old.

Oh & what are you doing on the grass?

grahamjc

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Darren,

Was good to finally meet you and I must say your car looks fantastic!!

I was chasing down another GTR and followed their, slightly incorrect line into that corner... took on the big bump and decided to go onto the grass with the wheels pointing forwards instead of trying to correct :) So the only answer I can give "having a moment" :smash:

Heres the GoPro video on the side of the car:-
[YOUTUBE]2PAixac1rUw[/YOUTUBE]

Heres the Mobius view of some grass roots motorsport:-
[YOUTUBE]hjflSOrGjJw[/YOUTUBE]

Hopefully this link to all the videos works (these have been shrunk, so have much better quality if wanted) and there will be more.... finished all the Mobius videos last night and will upload this evening, then I have to work on the BlackVue videos:-
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_IIpOmucqEzPdDzHxKawpQ/videos

And here are 3 videos from the same event last year.... just to show of the car and how it sounds...
[YOUTUBE]Skg-xHDnO2A[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Gj6nWXAZWMQ[/YOUTUBE]

And how do you miss a gear change in a GTR???? Well instead of using the paddles right by your hand, you move your left hand down to grab the gearshift...... :smash:
[YOUTUBE]g2dEldUF2hg[/YOUTUBE]

240_Z

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Graham

Yes was a great day out. Mainly due to the R35s. I always thought I can take or leave them , wasn't that
bothered about them - until Kev said he was up for being taken out in one !
So I thought why not - and so I went first and sat in your red 11 plate.
Wow - I could not believe how fast it was , only trouble is I want one now.
I am still talking to people about that car , five days later.
For what you pay , they sound cheap.
Anyway thanks for the ride and showing me a car I never really noticed. But what a car !
Maybe if you ever replace yours I would be interested.
I can see months of research ahead.

Thanks again

Mark

grahamjc

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Mark,

Its an unassuming super-car in my books ;) Glad you took the opportunity to go out in the car. There is a link above that has all the videos and if you PM me your Passenger number, I can upload all the high quality videos. I have over 1GB of video footage for passenger laps per camera :)

The GoPro footage is up, Mobius footage goes up tonight and I hope to have the BlackVue footage sorted over the weekend or early next week (and if this was working properly, there is an interior passenger facing camera).

Had the car nearly 4 years now, its birthday is 12 August (day I collected :)) and still love it. I too was sold within 30 seconds of the test drive and I hadnt even driven the car at that point. Doubt it will be for sale in the near future, but I do know of another 2010 car, 1 owner similar miles in white that will be up for sale shortly.

Glad you enjoyed the few laps, unfortunately a VERY short circuit, but if you ever see my car on track come over and will see if I can take you out for a few more laps ;) Mostly at Castle Combe, Thruxton and Silverstone.

grahamjc

Well-Known Forum User
Mobius videos are up now, heres a few (and again, high quality ones available if wanted):-

Following Goldie at the end of the day
[youtube]/LA8NRxjFcl8[/youtube]

Goldie pull off
[youtube]_VdQIGjJdG8[/youtube]

Removing some of the grass
[youtube]RmGapFoLX40[/youtube]