leffelou

New Forum User
Hi Chaps (And ladies !?)

Just bought a 260Z to restore so thought I had better join the forum - My first night on here so please be gentle !
A little bit about my car; The 260Z has been bought as an unfinished resto project which although it has many new parts fitted, in the process of the previous owners divorce all the running gear seems to have 'disappeared' from his garage !
So aside from the daunting task of putting back together someone else jigsaw of parts and masses of wiring loom cables all over the car I still have to find some decent running gear for the car - To be honest, I'm not a dyed in the wool 'restorer' who wants everything period perfect or 100% correct, I'm more interested in getting the car on the road where I can ENJOY it !
To that end (And I know the purists will wince) I think I have managed to locate a 2.8 engine from a 280C saloon - Unfortunately, this is coupled to an auto gearbox so I will be trawling the parts classifieds for a manual gearbox, flywheel etc & most importantly (Because I liove the look of them on a Datsun) Twin carbs & a manifold to suit

Not a lot else to tell at the moment but thought I had best introduce myself & my car !:cheers:

Martin W

Well-Known Forum User
welcome mate join up by paypal and you get more use from the site/club you will find all you need on here,parts,info etc. look up pmac on here he will have all you need im sure

cheers martin

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Chaps (And ladies !?)

Just bought a 260Z to restore so thought I had better join the forum - My first night on here so please be gentle !
A little bit about my car; The 260Z has been bought as an unfinished resto project which although it has many new parts fitted, in the process of the previous owners divorce all the running gear seems to have 'disappeared' from his garage !
So aside from the daunting task of putting back together someone else jigsaw of parts and masses of wiring loom cables all over the car I still have to find some decent running gear for the car - To be honest, I'm not a dyed in the wool 'restorer' who wants everything period perfect or 100% correct, I'm more interested in getting the car on the road where I can ENJOY it !
To that end (And I know the purists will wince) I think I have managed to locate a 2.8 engine from a 280C saloon - Unfortunately, this is coupled to an auto gearbox so I will be trawling the parts classifieds for a manual gearbox, flywheel etc & most importantly (Because I liove the look of them on a Datsun) Twin carbs & a manifold to suit

Not a lot else to tell at the moment but thought I had best introduce myself & my car !:cheers:

welcome to the forum.
A trip to Nottingham will provide you with lots of the parts you need.
Eg suspension, anti rollbars hubs etc. I have a nice set of oringinal twin Hitachi 240Z carbs which will suit your 2.8 motor with a needle change. 240mm flywheel also. Possibly a gearbox too.
2.8 engine is a good choice. There are a few purists on here but most people are flexible and open about ideas/parts.
You can contact me through the forum or email me direct pmaczc@madasafish.com. Free advice available on 07778 411568.
There are some other well established members not very far from you too. no doubt they will post up about themselves.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Hi Chaps (And ladies !?)

Gentle with you You've got some effing hope
Just wait till pmac and sean dezart get started on you

just kidding bud we are all pussy cats here
Glad you found us :thumbs:and hope you find a lot of answers to any queries you may have

A Big Welcome

Mr.F

Inactive
I think I have managed to locate a 2.8 engine from a 280C saloon

Do a double check before you buy - I think this engine will have the reverse sump configuration to the one you want, i.e. deep part at front not the rear. This has implications for oil pick-up pipe and position of dipstick if you convert to rear sump. Better to buy a 280ZX engine to work with...

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Gentle with you You've got some effing hope
Just wait till pmac and sean dezart get started on you

just kidding bud we are all pussy cats here
Glad you found us :thumbs:and hope you find a lot of answers to any queries you may have

A Big Welcome

There is no doubt that Sean Dezart will be along with lots of agressive questions and opinions that nobody wants to hear.
I dont take that line with any new members ever.
I do join in a little banter with members who know me personally, but that is a different matter.
I am an established and knowledgable member as far as 240Z and 260Zs are concerned as I hope this will be confirmed by the many members I have helped in the past.

Martin W

Well-Known Forum User
i second that, he does know his stuff, but if you do go over he is as tight as a ducks ass when it comes to a cupa.

int that right Mr P??? lol

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
welcome and good luck with your project !!! looks like you are about 30 miles from me .

2fast2z

Well-Known Forum User
You could try to ask johnnymd if he will sell the lump he just pulled out to do a swap.

Welcome
Chris

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Welcome from the membership secretary who is touting for business ;).

I'd try to get a 280ZX engine or a 260 rather than a non-Z engine. It's not worth messing with anything else.

Whilst it's all in bits really go over the body and make sure the structure is rust-free now.