New UK Z parts supplier - panels, bumpers, etc.

skinjim

Club Member
I got very excited when I saw the air intake, but no, left hand only, as per [emoji22]

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Robbie J

Club Member
Hey, it may not be the best site or pictures but having a Datsun supplier in the UK is a good thing, come on guys lighten up. Perhaps we should call this the grumpy old Z club?

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Surprised there's no repair panels, battery tray, chassis rails etc. You'd think they'd be more in demand than doors.

yellowz

Club Member
Bringing 2 threads together. Mr Ex Jnr.

On this company's website their is an option to help design your new garage!

Click on the Flooring link then look to the top right!

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Hey, it may not be the best site or pictures but having a Datsun supplier in the UK is a good thing, come on guys lighten up. Perhaps we should call this the grumpy old Z club?

Ten different UK suppliers of parts from two or three manufacturers is probably not that good a business model.

Aren't the parts from this 'new' UK supplier just the same parts that are already available elsewhere? The doors, bonnet, bumpers and bumper irons are all available from www.restore-parts.com, who also have front valances, front grilles and other parts for the S30-series Z in the prototyping stage.

Robbie J

Club Member
Ten different UK suppliers of parts from two or three manufacturers is probably not that good a business model.

Aren't the parts from this 'new' UK supplier just the same parts that are already available elsewhere? The doors, bonnet, bumpers and bumper irons are all available from www.restore-parts.com, who also have front valances, front grilles and other parts for the S30-series Z in the prototyping stage.
rest my case

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User

Even the same pictures...

Have you ever ordered from this japanese supplier? A door and bonnet would be extremely useful for my current build.

tyroguru

Club Member

This looks super interesting - thanks for sharing. I desperately wished I understood more Japanese than "Konnichiwa" and "hai" as I just watched a 6+ minute video of 2 guys talking about these great looking parts and I'm sure it's got information that would be of interest. As with Dan, I'd love to know if anyone has experience of these guys and their product. I can only see links to the left and right doors and they look very good on the photo's anyway.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Even the same pictures...

Have you ever ordered from this japanese supplier? A door and bonnet would be extremely useful for my current build.

I haven't, but I saw the doors, bumpers and two types of bonnet (vented and plain) in person at a show in Japan back in 2018. They also had door skins on the display stand, but - chatting to the staff - they were not sure about selling the door skins on their own at that point.

It all looked very good, and must have cost quite a lot in tooling. However, I've heard from people in Japan who have bought them that the doors need some fettling to get a nice fit. In my experience any S30-series door is not necessarily a straight fit-and-forget job anyway, and some of them have all sorts of packing and shimming behind the hinges from the factory, so I think its not all that realistic to hope a newly made door will be a perfect fit out of the box.

Top marks to restore-parts for giving it a good go though.

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
I could be very much mistaken but restore-parts.com indicate that they don’t sell to individuals. So a reseller might be the only option.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
I could be very much mistaken but restore-parts.com indicate that they don’t sell to individuals. So a reseller might be the only option.

Well, they said they could sell to me. Maybe they have a new policy since then?