New to Zeds!

BenGT

Well-Known Forum User
Hi all!

I have been on off this site for a little while as I have always had an interest in old zeds and am an avid Japanese car enthusiast.

I went and did a silly thing today and put down a deposit on a 280zx 2+2!
It's an '81 5speed manual which starts first time on the key but has rust in the usual places.....

I'm looking forward to the project and there's no doubt i'll be on here looking for help & advice!
:thumbs:

p.s.
The first things i'll be needing are floor pans and sills - can anyone point me in the right direction please? I've only found US sources so far.

PHIL HYETT

Well-Known Forum User
Help needed

Hi all!

I have been on off this site for a little while as I have always had an interest in old zeds and am an avid Japanese car enthusiast.

I went and did a silly thing today and put down a deposit on a 280zx 2+2!
It's an '81 5speed manual which starts first time on the key but has rust in the usual places.....

I'm looking forward to the project and there's no doubt i'll be on here looking for help & advice!
:thumbs:

Hi Ben , Welcome to our obsession the Zcar . help needed, the man you need to talk to is Mike Feeney at MJP .he knows all there is to know about Zs . And if it is available Mike will get it . Hope you have deep pockets . Hate to think how much I spent on my 240Z . Good Luck keep us posted on your new purchace.

Regards Phil . :driving:

Martin W

Well-Known Forum User
welcome on board, get some pics up of your Z so we can have a look, join the club you will enjoy the site a bit more then....

cheers martin

BenGT

Well-Known Forum User
Cheers for the welcomes guys.
I will definitely be joining the club, don't you worry!

It also seems highly likely that I'll be getting to know MJP a fair bit too!

IMAGE_308.jpg

IMAGE_307.jpg

CIMG3397.jpg

and some rust - just in case you guys had forgotten what it looks like!

CIMG3411.jpg

CIMG3413.jpg

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
As usual pictures of the outside of a Datsun don't tell the whole story do they?

Membership - top right corner of the site ;). Don't forget to send me a completed Membership Form (download) please.

FAST EDDIE

Well-Known Forum User
hi ben, good luck with your new motor, im probably your closest member as im only in lower upham!;):)
cheers Edd.

BenGT

Well-Known Forum User
hi ben, good luck with your new motor, im probably your closest member as im only in lower upham!;):)
cheers Edd.

Thanks Eddie. I went to school in Upham! (many years ago mind!) :cheers:

I've spotted a brown 260 that lives in Botley as well so there's a surprising number of local zeds... :thumbs:

2fast2z

Well-Known Forum User
Floor pan doesen't look all that bad, atleast compared to my roadster.:D

Good luck with the project.
Chris

Attachments

• IMAG0035 [800x600].jpg
    IMAG0035 [800x600].jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 15

Nidge74

New Forum User
I've spotted a brown 260 that lives in Botley as well so there's a surprising number of local zeds... :thumbs:

It's amazing what you see when you just gone and bought one.

You never really see em til you own em.

Welcome to the club. Just a small amount of welding needed there, the outer shell looks fair, seen many in worse condition.

BenGT

Well-Known Forum User
so I managed to take stock of what the 280zx has to offer today - it's not good!

made a thread here