New to Zclub

RobZ32

Well-Known Forum User
Hi all

Have had a 1990 300zx TT MT for 7 years. Its been off the road for some time but I am currently getting it sorted ready for the spring. I am a time served engineer but only know the z32 inside out. I intend to use my Z car as a hobby toy thing so lets have some fun.

Rob

JakTheRuby

Club Member
Hey matey!

Welcome to the site. You'll find plenty of gubbins on here to get your teeth into and almost certainly some lively debate too. Get some pics up of your car when you get a chance and join in. Woohoo!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Hello Rob, I've got your PP membership sub thanks. Welcome aboard - you are a bit close for comfort - I live about 3 miles from you!

zpuppy

Well-Known Forum User
Welcome to the club Rob ! Your sure to find lots of info here on the site and any help needed ! :driving:

RobZ32

Well-Known Forum User
Just received my membership pack thanks for the warm welcome.

I suppose this has been debated before but which of the Z cars is the best and why? I would have to say Z32 but I have never driven any of the others. So what do I know? You don’t have to answer that but probably will sooner or later.

Russ

Club Member
I love my 32, but for different reasons I'll one day love my S30 :)

I think the consensus is they're not really comparable, the S30s (240z, 260z, 280z etc) are light weight, fairly basic sports cars, great for racing through the lanes or on track, whereas the Z32 is a GT car, heavier, but more refined, aimed more at eating A roads I think :)

What you need to do now is compare a SWB and a LWB Z32, I've owned both and they're different again :D

RobZ32

Well-Known Forum User
Which do you like best long or short? My LWB is probably even heaver than standard with all the body kit, 350z front disc, bigger wheels, etc, etc. Great on the autoban rock steady at 170 hardly worth driving on our motorways put the auto pilot on to keep the speed down and turn the tunes up.

Russ

Club Member
Rob

Honestly my swb, but that's not to say the lwb didn't have it's advantages.

LWB, looks awesome, more presence, more stable on the motorway. Has rear seats! More options on sideskirts, errr

SWB, different handling, quicker to steer, much better lock when trying to get around in a junction :D When I first got in the shortie it felt a million times easier to throw it round a roundabout.

My shorty is a slicktop (metal roof, no targa) which might affect it slightly (bit lighter/stiffer) but I'm not a fast enough driver to notice probably.

I think the LWB is how the car was intended, as a GT car it makes more sense to be slightly longer.